My stress-control course

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh yes, I do sincerely believe that there is a reason for everything! And don't wa all stay up a little, or more than a little, too late at times?
:big_grin: And that explination was very helpful for me, too. It's funny, because I was just going to ask you for some discriptions of some of the things you did, and you beat me to it!
Those people in your church sound very friendly!
:rolleyes:
:grouchy: I'm glad you did find a group of people you could connect with, though.

Skye

Reaction score
I also find it really interesting to hear what you talk about in your sessions, Marty. And the two types of loneliness make a lot of sense. I'm really sorry to hear about the people in your church, but it's wonderful that you've met a group of people that you do enjoy spending time with.

Lots of luck with your sixth session!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Session 6 on grief and loss was good. Grief is a natural reaction to loss and it can range from death of a loved one or a pet to loss of something prized through burglary or fire etc.
We all go through this process sometime in our lives but with Christ in my heart I can cope with my grieving and my regular study of the New Testament is a big help:wink:

I've been working on my study of the seventh session. It's all about Problem-solving. It encourages me to look at problems positively as a challenge to work out and overcome rather than negative obstacles:smile:

There are some fun activities in here. Their purpose is to provide practice in stimulating my mind in working out conflict.
There's a game to connect a group of nine dots without lifting pencil from paper in straight lines and a word finding puzzle to search for hidden words in a grid of letters and circle them. Then there are some trivial pursuit questions which I think would be a good idea to discuss with mum as something to do together.
It sounds fantastic doesn't it?:excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It does sound fantastic... without removing the pencil from the paper, eh? Wow!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes it certainly was challenging.
There are also some Did you know? statements here and there.

I thought I'd post them here one by one.
Some of them are quite amazing

Did you know an American sailor called Cummings made a name for himself in the early years of the 19th century for his bravado in swallowing well over 30 knives. Some re-emerged through normal bodily functions, but when he died in 1809, after one knife had punctured his stomach lining, an autopsy revealed no fewer than 14 blades still in his stomach.:eek: :eek: :eek:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Did you know Macbeth is considered to be an unlucky play because it is traditionally believed that the text includes a real black magic spell.:eek: Actors always avoid referring to the play by name, calling it "the Scottish play" instead, and they never quote from it in the dressing room.:rolleyes:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Did you know two-thirds of all lawyers in the world live in the USA. Los Angeles alone has more judges than the whole of France, and in Washington, DC there is one lawyer for every 25 men, women and children of the population.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Did you know COCA-COLA can replace oil in cars.:crazy: This unlikely theory was proved by British scientist Dr. Jack Schofield in 1989 when he completed a 115km (70 mile) round trip between Liverpool and Manchester in a car whose engine was lubricated with Coke- and a special additive. Dr. Schofield has developed a chemical that reacts to Coke to produce a lubricant that he claims can make engines last longer than they would with oil.

I really like that one. How about that?:big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Did you know that the world total consumption of cocoa, the main ingredient of chocolate, was 1, 917, 000 tonnes from 1997-1998?

My isn't cocoa popular?:wink:

Well that was the last one. I hope you all enjoyed them.:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
COURAGE-BAGGE: Did you know shadow puppetry is one of the oldest forms of entertainment?
D'SNOWTH: Like walnuts?