My stress-control course

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The session on assertiveness was very good.
I have had some assertive problems in the past but the results of my homework were very encouraging. You can either be passive, aggresive or assertive in your attitudes. Passive people do nothing about problems and allow themselves to get walked over while aggressive people take things to the opposite extreme and stand up for themselves in a forceful, boisterous way. Such people may accomplish some measure of victory but they will never ultimately gain people's trust and respect however.
The test results show I have neither passive nor aggressive tendencies. I am assertive in an appropriately positive manner and I pray I continue to nurture it in the future:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'll be leaving for a week soon to spend time with Mummy. I'm thinking of taking the notes for the Catholic Bible Study group I'm enrolled in with me. We're studying John's Gospel. I'm also currently studying Luke's Gospel at home by myself and I feel much closer to God for it all.

Sometime after I get back I also need to do my homework for the ninth session with the Major about my own self-esteem:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'll be trying to get my homework on self-esteem done now and when Mum is over her treatments a friend and I are going to discuss the possibility of an ISP deal that will allow me to do all my forum chatting during the daylight hours so I can get used to catching my proper sleep. I enjoyed some better nights while I was with the family in the lodge in Brisbane City:embarrassed:

Mummy has told me I don't need to get online at 11pm every night I'm home but you guys mean everything to me, second after God of course:halo:

But I'm still endeavouring to keep on track spiritually with my scripture study and God is still working to help me.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My discussion about Self-Esteem was postponed last week for I needed a little more time to finish my homework preparations. But the Major was very pleased with the attitudes I express and he says my self-esteem is very healthy in his evaluation.:smile:

I'll get my notes back when I finish the final topic about Goal Setting so I'll talk about some other things from the notes more fully then.:excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My final session has had a few delays to it.
I needed more time then the Major was away the following week and he's busy preparing for a wedding this week but we're definitely aiming at having the discussion next Wednesday.

So for the record here are the 10 topics in the course once more.
1. Recognizing Self-Awareness
2. Coping with Anger
3. Coping with Depression
4. Coping with Stress
5. Coping with Loneliness
6. Coping with Grief and Loss
7. Handling Problem-Solving
8. Nurturing Assertiveness
9. Recognizing Self-Esteem
10. Goal Setting in Life

The discussions coupled with my return to regular Scripture Study and the positive results of my mother's chemo and radium therapies have curbed my personal anxieties greatly and my faith in God's Power to help me is keeping me on the right track.:big_grin:

Thank you once again for all your kind support:flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow Marty, for some reason this thread never seemed to have any new posts as it was never listed with other threads that had new posts (unless those other threads were so active it scooted your's to another page), and I was beginning to wonder if you were still seeing Major Mochrie... I mean Colin.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
True Snowthy. This thread did go quiet for awhile. Course I'd pretty much stopped posting in it myself so maybe that had something to do with it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Just to see whether I can generate some brand new conversation in here let me say that my homework for the tenth and final session really has me thinking about life positively. It tells me that it's very important to have goals you wish to accomplish and to not allow discouragement at failure to put you down. Your goals shape your life and give you purpose for living :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So dear friends. Don't any of you want to post something in here?

I'm not really upset, but I would gladly welcome some nice correspondence with my special buddies in here like before :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Aw Marty, you're so adorable! :smile:

I do very much love reading about this course of yours. And it sounds like you're learning so much from it, and improving greatly... I love that your current homework has you thinking about life in a positive light. That's so important to do. You have covered so many wonderful and important topics throughout this course. I know I have learned a few things from what you've posted about it, and I know that your knowledge that you've gained through the course so far will stay with you throughout your life.

I hope your final session goes really well on Wednesday! :smile: