My stress-control course

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
...There's a game to connect a group of nine dots without lifting pencil from paper in straight lines...
I've actually done that before! In one of my Psychology classes, I believe. It is pretty challenging... teaches you to try and think "outside the box" so to speak.

It's really great that you're enjoying your sessions so much. You can learn so much with them. Glad session 6 went well, and lots of luck with session 7!

Thanks for sharing all those facts, too. They were really interesting! Especially that Macbeth one, for me. As an actress, I had never heard that one before. Not a Shakespearean actress, I guess! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Oh yes, I do sincerely believe that there is a reason for everything! And don't wa all stay up a little, or more than a little, too late at times?
:big_grin: And that explination was very helpful for me, too. It's funny, because I was just going to ask you for some discriptions of some of the things you did, and you beat me to it!
Those people in your church sound very friendly!
:rolleyes:
:grouchy: I'm glad you did find a group of people you could connect with, though.
Yes Kate. It is good that God had a group of young people to fulfill my social needs and it is disappointing about the social lack in my church.
But please don't be too harshly critical of them. They really are on the whole very good-hearted and caring. Fact is first time I tried to break the ice the lady I invited was having personal problems and she misconstrued my invitation. But that was smoothed over with the help of the Parish Manager and my friend who sponsored me for church membership.
There was a second incident which I'd rather not go into much but after that I was frightened off trying to get to know people better.

Still there have been a lot of kind words given to me and I know that some of them may have concerns of their own and be busy with jobs etc. It is much more impersonal than things should have to be but it certainly isn't a terrible environment for me absolutely.

I really could be doing a bit more to try to encourage socialness but I'm not. Of course in one sense, I have enough to worry about without attempting to become better acquainted with my fellow Catholics away from Church and the youth group is all I need for now. But I still want to support my Parish as best I can. And my private Bible studies are getting me back on track with Christ.
After Mum has finished the final stage of her treatment perhaps then I can consider what I should do to encourage extended interaction with the folk for the Glory of God and mutual edification of us in Christ

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
:smile: The session on Problem solving went very well. Major Colin thought it was a very good idea to talk to Mum about the trivia questions as a shared activity. We only had 4 out of 30 that we left blank between us. Colin said he would try to find the answers since they don't actually give them to us, but he's very pleased with the progress I've been making.:excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't said anything in this thread for awhile but my next session has been postponed till next Wednesday before I travel to see Mum.
It's about my personal assertiveness. Major Colin is hopeful from my previous results that I won't have a great problem with this area. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Did you know Macbeth is considered to be an unlucky play because it is traditionally believed that the text includes a real black magic spell.:eek: Actors always avoid referring to the play by name, calling it "the Scottish play" instead, and they never quote from it in the dressing room.:rolleyes:
Really? Wow, that's fascinating!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, that's interesting. I knew it was bad luck, but I thaught it was just because it was generally so dark and tragic.
Perhaps, if you don't mind, you could either post the questions here or PM them to me? I love trivia, and who knows? I might actually know the answers to some of them.
:wink:
Good luck with the next session. I know assertiveness certainly isn't one of my strong areas!
:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
heralde this is the companion thread to the one about my mother
I hope you notice this one too. I appreciate anyone's prayers.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've started my Assertiveness evaluation homework. I'm on the borderline.
I have had problems asserting myself in the past troubles, but I'm not in the major problem category.

I'm looking forward to my next discussion with Colin :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm all set to see the major about my assertiveness tomorrow. It's still all going very well. :smile: