My stress-control course

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Session 4 is now to be tomorrow Friday 22nd Sept. since Major Colin has been getting over a croaky throat. But I'm ready for it. :smile:
Major Colin? It's not Colin Mochrie is it?:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually it's really funny you should make that little joke Snowths :smile:

because Major Colin Robinson does resemble Mr.Mochrie a bit in his face including the same amount roughly of hair :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Marty, I'm so glad to hear that session 4 went well! And I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better, also. It's nice that you're thinking about doing some volunteer work, too... not a bad idea at all.

Lots of luck with your homework for the next session, too... I know you can do it. Best wishes! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks Caroline. I'll be away for the next four days and I'll tell you how session 5 goes when I get back.

Skye

Reaction score
Very cool, Marty. I look forward to your next update! :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
As do I. Volinteering at the office could prove a very interesting and educational experience, besides doing you a world of good in the process.
Good luck with everything!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well the discussion on loneliness was very helpful.
There are two types of loneliness. It can be social, when you cannot get anybody to keep you company and do things with, or it can be emotional, when you have got social contact, but you are dis-satisfied and bitter with it.

According to the notes I do not allow myself to become emotionally lonely. My loneliness falls into the social kind. I hardly know very many people in my Catholic Parish for while they are very friendly only about 4 of them have socialized with me outside the context of church. They don't seem to want to visit each other much and they've brushed off my attempts to invite some of them around for a meal or even a cuppa and chat. :frown:

But God has blessed me in introducing me to a group of young Catholics from all over the city who meet every week for socializing and spiritual discussions. They have compensated for the way my own church has neglected my needs. I'm praying that things will one day change in the parish though.

And I'm getting prepared for session number 6 topic: Grief and Loss :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that Marty, it was actually rather helpful and inspiring for me!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm delighted to know I'm being a blessing for my friends here Snowth.

It's actually doing me some good spending time away from my computer at the family's house. Since I can't log on till 11 at night I have a few earlier nights whenever I stay with them. But the absence makes me cherish being at home to log on all the more. I do enjoy the times I spend online though I stay up a bit too late at times.

Well every little thing fits together to do me some good spiritually. :smile: