1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

National Day of Puppetry Menu

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Puppetry enthusiasts will unite later this week across the United States to celebrate the 5th Annual National Day of Puppetry this Saturday April 26th. Joining the celebration, we have added a puppetry home page menu designed by James Carroll on the front of the site. The menu features many of the most famous of the puppets from Jim Henson's fantasy worlds.

For more info visit...

http://www.puppeteers.org/
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Heck, I'm a member of Puppeteers of America, and you'd THINK I'd be aware of this earlier than just now, wouldn't you?!

National Day of Puppetry. I'll see what I can do to promote puppetry this weekend!

Thanks for the notice, and great menu Jamie. You never cease to amaze me.

FOZ
  3. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

That Hoggle gives me the willies....:o
  4. radionate

radionate New Member

The details in this one Jamie just blow me out of the water. The water blows me out of the water too! And the water monster, and the fairy, and the Mystics, and all the other hidden stuff that you really need to search for.

I love it!
  5. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Wow, I love this one! It's so beautiful! I like that you can see Jen in the background by the water, and the Labyrinth, and all of it!!
    Fantastic job Jamie!!:excited: :D :)
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

RE: Puppetry Menu

I just want to say that I think all of the menus on the Muppet Central site are absolutely beautiful. I don't know much about html and web designing but however much time was put into these menus whether it was two hours or two weeks it's absolutely astounding. Great job James.:p
  7. count123

count123 New Member

muppet central home page menu

I love the menu for april 26! it looks awesome! good job on capturing hte fantasy feel of Henson
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Gosh, that must have taken forever Jamie. Wow that is sooo great. Every thing, I mean Everything MOVES!!!
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Awesome! Looks really great, Jamie!
  10. Kye

Kye Member

Nate, maybe you should stay out of the water!

But you are absolutely Right!

BRAVO JAMIE, OUR RESIDENT MUPPET CENTRAL GENIUS
  11. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Wow.....Jamie, it's beautiful.....I LOVE it!
  12. Jamie, that is so gorgeous, with the perfect feel of fantasy and "dignified puppetry"---thank you so much for creatin' this beautiful piece!

:flirt:
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

I rarely blaspheme, but OH MY GOD, that is a work of art Jamie - i want to take it off the screen and frame it. Right from the opening animation to all the little details and moving characters that is SPECTACULAR !
  14. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

(jaw drops) Wow! I was not expecting this. I thought the next menu wouldn't be till Mother's Day or something. Then when I saw the title of Phil's post, I went to check the front page without reading what it would be like first. I figured, oh, National Day of Puppetry -- he'll probably throw in some non-Muppet puppets into the mix.

But THIS ... this is awesome! We've finally got one with all the fantasy worlds in it. It looks very cool to see the Pugworm next to the Skeksis, or Jen next to the lion from The Storyteller. And of course, my admiration for the Fiery goes without saying. And the owl flying is great, and I really like the MC logo rendered in that style...whew. Are you getting the idea I liked it? :)

There have been other menus that were greater technological accomplishments, but this one is by far my favorite. And if anyone was feeling too "cutified" by the Muppet Babies menu, this'll fix 'em right up. ;) (I like them both just fine.)
  15. puppets_etc

puppets_etc Member

AWSOME!

Kudos Jamie!:excited:

Deb:flirt:
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks guys. I was about to skip this one. Very glad I didn't. This was one of the more hurried menus, but I guess it worked out. I wanted to mix up all the worlds instead of sectioning it too much. Did you see all the extras? Aughra, the mystics, the goblin, the nebri...I wanted to include more, but there wasn't space. We'll see what happens next year. Oh, yeah...and the blue worm is my favorite character from Labyrinth. Had to include him - and he was performed by our good friend Karen Prell.:excited:
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

:flirt: :flirt: :flirt: : LOVED IT!!!!!! How cool can you be Jamie. I thought somthing looked new. I wasn't expecting it. It also blew me out of the waters of Dark Crystal. *laughs* Loved it. Keep up the Awsome, Great, And Most Cheering Moment of my Life. Great Work. :)
  18. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

"National Day of Puppetry", that sounds like a holiday that I would invent (I wonder if this means that we'll see National Spoovy Day and Geek Day banners ;) ).

Anyway, it's an awesome menu!
  19. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

MAN! Jamie, that is the BEST menu you've made yet. And I thought the 5th anniversary one was good.

Honestly, it's great that there's a "fantasy" menu at Muppet Central. It's those characters that make Henson more diverse and more than just "The Muppets," and that's what I love about it.

I love it and bring it back every year at this time (or at least archive it). It's too dang beautiful.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Couldn't put it better myself!:halo: :D :sing: :flirt: :cool: