1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Ned's illness...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I wonder, what sort of illness could Ned have gotten to make him have to move and need Doc to be sort of his in home care worker?
    I think he might have been much older than Doc to start with to, now that I think of it...
    Maybe he had cancer? Or a lung trouble? Hmm...
  2. IluvGobo

IluvGobo New Member

He had asthma and had to move to the desert for his health.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Oh, they said it was asthma? (I missed that)
    You know, that's funny because going to dry places actually makes me nearly start to get asthma, but then I was raised in a wet climate...
    It must have been very bad for him to not want to be alone...but then it can be especially hard on older people...I wonder how he managed to live all those years by himself before...If he had any family or friends besides Doc :(

This is an interesting site on the subject of older people and asthma:
    http://www.yourasthmatreatment.com/asthma-older-people.htm
    I could see Ned forgetting his pills and being depressed :\
  4. Rose

Rose Member

Yeah it was Meationed in the " Honk Of Honks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRr3Yk4Jq8
    I never thought of Ned as being older I just thought he may had had it all his life or just recently delouped it and it gotton worse over time.
    I heard of this before of people moving to a dryer climet to make their astma better. Sometimes humitie aggervates it in some people and they have to move. I didn't think it was Ned being afraide of being alone so much but the fact that he didn't want to leave his friends and familey.
    Who knows maybe Ned moved with a familey member. It wasn't said directly he was alone. I think Doc wanted to be with his best friend to help out and to be there for him. That's a really good friend who is willing to move miles away to help his friend.

5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Change can be hard on older people do..it seemed like Doc did not have much in the way of family ether :(.
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Besides, Sprocket (and later, the Fraggles, especially Gobo), Doc seemingly had no family. Thus, just as the whole of Fraggle Rock acted like one big family & likewise for the people here on MC, Doc & Ned were like family.
    Collgoff likes this.
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Yes, it is very sweet..I explore this a tiny bit in my newest fic :)
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Awesome. A must read, then. *is off to fanfic thread*
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Whoa, down boy, I haven't posted it yet *lol* ;)
  10. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Actually, Doc first mentioned it briefly in Inspector Red.

I love the characters you never actually see, like Ned and Ms. Ardath. It's interesting how such a character plays a pivotal role in the final episodes.
    Collgoff likes this.
  11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I'll have to watch that again :)
  12. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

thanks for posting about this i have not seen much of these episodes. i had heard about Ned moving though, that is sad .

ok i have a dumb question though it has been a long time sense i watched the early episodes but who exactly was Ned was he a relative or a friend :o i love fraggle rock so much i feel stupid for not knowing or remembering about this .
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

He was Doc's friend, although sometimes they would have fights:coy:
  14. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

cool thanks for telling me i thought they had a fight or two :coy: things like that happen sad but at least they remained friends those are the best kind of friends when u can come back after those ;)
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

And Sprocket never really liked him but he went along with moving since Doc was his owner and he wanted to see them happy with someone to talk to :)
  16. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Yes, Ned is Doc's best friend. He moved along with Doc when he and Sprocket moved into the workshop at the beginning of the series.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Hence why Sprocket--despite being happy for his master--always made a weird gurggling sound whenever Ned's last name was mentioned.
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*heehee* And yet still liked his bones ;).
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yep. XD They were all friends 'til the end.
  20. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

The thing that strikes me as odd, if Ned had astma and left the damp climate, then why did they move to the desert? I mean; according to my doctor, who has been treating my asthma for the last 10 years, the desert is probably the worst place in the world for astma sufferers to pack up and move to. If Ned was to move to Banff (in Alberta Canada) then that would be fine, but moving to the desert just strikes me as odd.

I know that's picking nits, but I was advised that I should at least go to the seaside or the mountains at least once a year because the air here doesn't do my health any favors. I am actually hopeful that next year we can move so that I can get to a climate that is applicable with my asthma. That is, oddly enough, at least in the Fraggle Rock universe, the seaside. :)