1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

II try hard not to dry shirts when I first get them... especially if it's VERY thin fabric. If it's because of the Washing Machine, I don't know what to tell you, but air drying T-shirts at the beginning gives them a longer life. I have a Speed Racer shirt I wear quite frequently, but I didn't dry it in a machine for the longest time, and I've had it in good shape for 5+ years.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'll have to remember that for my replacement shirt and all my future shirts. :)
  3. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

I agree with the air drying of t-shirts, I also reccomend washing them turned inside out and in cold water. I do that with all my t-shirts and have always been able to keep them nice!
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What upsets me is this stupid fad Hot Topic, Target, Walmart, and every "geek/pop culture" shirt retailers do where they sell shirts that look intentionally faded/cracked/well worn. I refuse to buy any of those shirts.

Also I found that if you buy a blank shirt(black, blue, yellow, etc) you can just print out your own Muppet shirts if you have a certain kind of printer material. Fabric glue rocks!
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I like some of the commercially available stuff, but I like getting my own single-shot stuff printed through Cafe Press or another online vendor. Those with art skills should check that out. Want the Muppet Movie poster on a quality Hanes shirt of a specific color and size...if you have a medium to hi resolution image or can scan one into your computer that can easily be done. You can also add your own touches. As long as you keep these one-shots for yourself it's cool. Not to mention all the good free promotion you're swinging at the Muppets! :)

Just imagine printing the Italian or German language version of a Muppet poster on a shirt. Now that's much cooler than any of the faux vintage stuff. :cool:
  6. Drtooth

Oh, and let's not forget those stupid Athletic fit shirts. After a certain size, they should just make them regular. Yeah, faux fades are lost on me, but I do manage to wind up with them if they have characters I like on them... I just want a NORMAL shirt, that too much to ask?

Not that that wouldn't be cool (I'd love to get my hands on a high res scan of the He-Muppet poster from Muppet Magazine), I just would tend to do that with a character that isn't commercially available on a shirt in the US... I'm dying to do a Doronbo skull logo shirt. I just need the right materials, an I wonder if the printer I have can do that.
  7. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm gonna buy this shirt tonight. I definitely have the same glasses Kermit's wearing. Plus, I feel like it fits me, seeing as I'm quite the geek (and I'm quite proud). :D
  8. Pork

Pork Active Member

Awesome! Where did you buy that shirt?
  9. Drtooth

These shirts are pretty good, I guess (Gonzo would work better as a "geek" shirt, though, wouldn't you agree), but I saw a pretty cool one at Kohl's a couple days ago. It had the main 5 in stock photo form in a postcard with the Eiffel Tower on it. Almost got it too.
  10. Puckrox

Pork, I got it off of ebay, but you can also get them at Walmart. The only ones on the Walmart were sized as juniors, and the ebay ones had women sizes, so I went with those ones.

I agree though. Gonzo would have been a better choice as the geek. And I originally went in search of a good Gonzo shirt too. Ah well.
  11. Drtooth

There is a plain Gonzo T-shirt out there somewhere... I think I only saw it at Penny's and I would have got it, but they ONLY had mediums and larges, otherwise I would have got it the moment I saw it. I've noticed a yellow one with a photo on it at Target, but I really didn't pay attention to it because I saw an Inspector Gadget shirt (and both times, they only had mediums and larges, otherwise I would have bought that even more instantaneously), and went into a frenzy of excitement.
  12. Pork

Pork Active Member

13. Puckrox

Yay for Inspector Gadget! I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for a good Gonzo shirt. It's hard living in a small college town with no real department stores. If I want Muppet merchandise I pretty much have to get everything on the internet. It's kind of lame.

Thanks! I'll keep this one in mind when I get my next paycheck! :D
  14. GonzoLover85

GonzoLover85 Member

At least you have stores that sell stuff. Here in Canada, our selection of Muppet stuff is few and far between.
    I end up getting my stuff online, (paying through the nose for shipping) or on the off chance I can make it state-side.

Oh how I wish Canada had Kohl's....
  15. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

They're all really good, but I think I like the Electric Mayhem ones the best. It'd be cool if they had shirts just featuring Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice or Zoot too. Surprised there's no Scooter or Rowlf ones either.
  16. Puckrox

Oh goodness. If there was a Rowlf one I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Love Rowlf! Same with Scooter. <3
  17. Puckrox

18. BGECProductions

BGECProductions New Member

Hi, all. Loooonnng time lurker, mainly just come here for Muppety news. But my Target just got in new Muppet shirts: a new Animal, Fraggle Rock, and (my personal favorite) Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Animal crossing Abbey Road.
  19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That sounds like an incredible selection! I'll have to check out my Target soon!
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I got one of Animal that is suppost to glow in the dark!