New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
it was only 10 bucks...im not heading back for a while but i could pick one up for you jamie when i do head up there next time...pm me if you want
Aw, your nice, but I'm boycotting Target for political grounds that I won't go into here. I can't support them until they change their policies. Even if that means giving up some Muppety goodness. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw, your nice, but I'm boycotting Target for political grounds that I won't go into here. I can't support them until they change their policies. Even if that means giving up some Muppety goodness. :frown:
Oh no! A big business gave money to someone who'd help them skirt the law (or rewrite the law to let them do whatever they want) and get a big fat tax cut they don't deserve and won't share with the consumers or their workers.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know why everyone's up in arms, and I'd agree fully if it wasn't basically the same strange bedfellows of politibuisness and their evil little love child. Heck, these companies would donate money to bloodthirsty aliens who would wipe out the planet if it meant that they'd get a tiny little bump and keep the working wages low. Maybe it's just me, but the fact that they've given a small amount of money to back a regressive, socially backwards, "scare the people so they vote for ya" so they can blob up their profits with tax cuts just doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary.

That said, I really don't care for the Awesome Meter shirt. I HATE the word Awesome. Always have. Sure, it sounds cool... but live around Boston and hear old, dried up women with Patty and Selma smoker voices say it all the time and see if you love it.

And can we PLEASE get someone besides Kermit and Animal on a shirt. Rizzo for crying out loud.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Now that I've got a tun of classic muppet and Sesame Street shirts, I'm on the lookout for some cool fraggleware. Unfortunately there was only one FR shirt on the link posted, and I don't think it was what I had in mind.

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Drtooth you never have anything positive to say about anything, who cares anymore?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth you never have anything positive to say about anything, who cares anymore?
Okay... does ANYONE ACTUALLY read posts I refer to anymore, or do they just pick and choose something they don't like and whine about that? I've had it totally and completely with people putting words in my mouth, misinterpreting everything, and making me post LONG explanations of what I meant that NO ONE READS ANYWAY.

This is a CONVERSATION. There will be odd views slipping in here and there. if you're gonna be in the whole "You have no right to complain, but I'm going to complain my head off about everything else" camp, then fine... Don't care. Enough is enough. At least I'm not complaining about how terrible every project we've had since whenever was like some people here.

(eagerly waits no one actually reading this... Unless someone takes a hatred to my capitalized "E" in enough)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Drtooth's posts have never struck me as negative, more neutral opinions that he has for his own reasons.

I will say though, I do not care for the Awesome Meter shirt myself (it just seems stupid). And I would like to see more shirts besides Kermit or Animal. I am guilty of having shirts prominently featuring the frog but I stay away from Animal shirts nowadays, I usually go with group shot shirts.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth's posts have never struck me as negative, more neutral opinions that he has for his own reasons.
Thank you.

Anyway here's my problem with the Awesome Meter shirt. Kermit DOESN'T talk like that. I've never heard him say Awesome, dude, or anything like that. Kermit is not Michelangelo from the Ninja Turtles. It's not indicative of the character. Animal, maybe. I could see it fit him. But I do not like mismatching text on my Muppet Shirts. Wasn't there a series of buttons back in 2002 or so that had really dumb sayings on them (Bunsen Honeydew with "I have no Eyes") that people didn't care for either? Or the ones where they're dressed up in old school rap album outfits. I just feel the same way.

Plus, even though I do have the Beaker shirt form years ago, I guess all us Muppet fans would be in agreement we want to see everybody. Not just Kermit and Animal. I noticed a great great Gonzo shirt at a J.C. Penny... too bad they don't carry anything above a large, otherwise I'd grab it up. But as long as we're getting those wonderful web videos featuring the Chef and Beaker, where are T-shirts with them on it? I like what they're trying to do, but I wanna see Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo.... all of them. And the shirts that have them on it at Disney are women's and children's shirts... :cry:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
To be fair though, I'm not sure if Kermit shirt is supposed to be Kermit saying that the person reading the shirt (or wearing the shirt) is awesome- or that Kermit is awesome. I suppose I would agree with either one.:smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Just a word of warning to bump this thread, if you own the Kermit costume t-shirt from 80sTees.com... DO NOT put it in the washing machine with your other clothes. I wore it once and washed it once and thanks to putting it in the washing machine and dryer, the shirt already has an extensively worn-out look... it doesn't work at all with a "distressed" look. I'm selling the shirt and buying a replacement Kermit costume tee but still, you should all heed my warning. :grouchy: