New character ideas

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't know that The Animal Show had a hippo character, but I probably should have known that if there were any hippo characters in any non-creature shop Henson productions it would have been The Animal Show. Anyway, I was thinking, maybe in contrast to a happy-looking dumb hippo, maybe he could have a rhino counterpart, who often has an angry-looking facial expression.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Since I'm somewhat liking the characters created here, I'll go ahead and ask.
What new Halloween-based or themed Muppet characters would you come up with?

Not necessarily based on the big time movie monsters, just interested to read what kind of creepy Muppet characters you guys would add to the gallery of ghouls and Muppet spooks.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
How's this?

Citron Ella: She has green skin and a long green nose. She also has long black hair and wears a tattered black dress. Despise her creepy looks, she's actually nice. Well, that is until she turns her head. This side has pink skin, yellow hair and a white dress. Yet, she is as haunting as anything. She rully puts a new twist on the phrase 'split personality'!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... That's scarely good. Sort of like a female Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, similar to the characters of Olivia Heathpote and Calypso LaRue from the Captain Readmore version of the classic tale.

If you have any others, post them here or send 'em to me as we can probably "bat" around some ideas. Planning on something for the fanfic section with master monsters based on the classic Muppet characters, will talk to you when the time's fright though.
LMK if you'd be interested in collaborating with this numerian vampirian. Thanks and have a good day.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Here's another!

Dr. Exexist: A mad scientist with one goal: turn anything into zombies, like the public did to him. He used to be a normal Muppet. Caregiving and kind to all. Plus, a good friend of Bunsen's father. The main problem with their friendship was that they loved the same woman. At a fight to win her heart, they each tried to make their own special potion for her. Bunsen's father created what he called Bunsonium, a special potion that ran in the family. Dr. Exexist, however, accedentally added radioactivity into his potion, driving him mad, making him a half-exposed skeleton and, losing his girl. Now he wants to take revenge on Bunsen, his family and all of his friends. He was the one who made Citron Ella the way she is. That's pretty spooky, if you ask me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... That's very good. Though the physical descript's missing, to help imagine what he'd look like.

Was also thinking... Since there'll be spooky versions of the EM band members...
The Phantom of the Opera(Dr. Teeth) on grand organ.
The Magic 8-Ball (Floyd Pepper) on space base guitar.
The Mummy (Zoot) on batsophone.
The Yowling Yahoo (Animal) on skull drums.
The Mardi Gras Haunter, needs a better name (Lips) on haunting horn.

Was imagining your additions integrated here, and would bring them in only with your permission of course.
The Saber-Toothed Creature (Sapia) on steel cauldron.
The Netherworld Nymph (Hands) on fugue flute and loudspooker
The Gypsy (Kikit) on tambooreen.
The Mad Hatter, or Hatteress (Nurse Tongues) on tea kettle-tar.

This is rully starting to bolster my spirits so to spook, might just have to get started on that fic with all the castle's counting creeps. Will definitely keep you in mind should I need to contact you for future ideas.
Keep 'em coming, either here or sending 'em to me directly, though here's fine cause everybody else can see what great stuff you're coming up with.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
You can use my creations however you want. For a description on how he looks like, he's a partly exposed skeleton. His head and legs are all bones, but his arms are a pale, sickly grey. He still wears a lab coat. He's basically like The Joker, though a little more twisted.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I noticed you forgot a member of the band!
The Enchantress (Janice) on crypt guitar.
Do you think this could work?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
These are SO cool! They could totally work! I got another one!
Snake Bite: A tall, snake-like Muppet. Has green skin, a forked tongue and hisses on every 's' he says. Normally wears a tight leather jacket and jeans, that strangely look like were clawed to shreds. So named because he has a huge scar where a snake bit him. Instead of it killing him, it gave him snake-like abilites, like Spider-Man. He's a charmer (no pun intended) when it comes to persuation. That's probably why he works for the haunted Electric Mayhem as their bodyguard. He could outrank Sal Minella for best animal related bodyguard.
So, do you like it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks ZootyCutie.

Didn't include Janice cause there's a bit of a dealbreaker there. The way the band's set up fright now it includes a total of sixteen members, eight males and eight females perfectly paired up.
The Werewolf (Rowlf) is on the upfright piano and there's the character of Wanda the Cat which I'm having trouble monstrifying.
Wanda is the calico cat in redBoobergul's Rowlf's Stories in the fanfic section I've come to love as a fic character. The best I could come up with was Bastedt from Egyptian theology, with a shriekrophone as she's a bootiful singer.
Janice will be turned into the Banshee, and I'm not sure if she'll have the shriekrophone herself or the lead guitar. What would a crypt guitar look like though?

Your character of Snakebite is a good idea. However, do you know of the creature named the Amphisbaena? Basically it's a snake with two heads, one at each end of its body. Originally had her as an added saxophonist, maybe change it to an Egyptian snake charming woodwind instrument.

If Kikit were to be made a gypsy, which would be best for her outfit?
Shirt, sleeveless open vest, long skirt with belt, and shoes.
Or shirt, corset/skirt combination garment, and shoes or slippers.

If Bunsen were to be turned into Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, how do you imagine him transforming from one character to the other?
Thanks for all your ideas, will definitely contact you for help with my own Counting Creature plans.