Scott,

OMG !

I totally forgot about that !

I cant wait !

:big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yep, literally any day now!

Here's what the cover art tentatively looks like as designed by Mark Banning...

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/dc-cd.jpg

It will be completely remastered featuring tracks not on the LP. They'll also be the actual soundtrack cues, and not the re-recordings done for the commercial album released in '82. So if you still have that, you'll want to hang onto it. It will be a limited numbered release of 5,000 copies and will include new liner notes. The original album had quite a few liner notes too; I don't know if they'll be carried over to this release though.

smcguire

Reaction score
Where will we be able to get the new limited release of the Dark Crystal soundtrack? (Is it from FSM?)

Thanks,

--Scott McGuire

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oooooooooooooooooh.......Dark Crystal book....Dark Crystal DVD....Manda want!
(So many ways to spend my money, so little money to spend!!!) :frown:
Oh...And you best not be talking smack about my Mac! :wink: (Methinks I need to lay off the caffiene....)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

I am really excited about this !

Do you have any idea where it will be available ?

see ya

scarecroe

Reaction score
Film Score Monthly doesn't have access to DC as it's a Universal property and I think they're limited to MGM. Besides, it's too recent to fit in their Silver or Golden Age Classics series.

The label that will be releasing it is going through some company changes and has been working on the DC album for well over a year. For 30 days it will be available exclusively through their online vendor, after which other online vendors will also get to offer it in their catalog (like Intrada), but don't look for it in stores.

I'll provide all the details as soon as I get word of it's official release. Very soon!