1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

New Forum Feature: Quick Reply

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Oct 3, 2003.

?

Do you like the new quick reply feature?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2004.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's my problem too....

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Crazy Harry and Dr. Tooth,

Be sure you are clicking the "quick reply" icon (without any text) rather than the normal reply with quote icon. It sounds like that is what may be happening.

3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Nice feature!

4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Nice! I like, I like! :)

5. Phantom

Phantom New Member

Cool.

6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

The little peice of paper with the curved arrow on it? If yes, then that's exactly what I'm clicking. It works on the computors at school. Maybe it's a Mac problem.

7. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

is it working?

8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

YEAH! it is! cool!

9. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Crazy Harry's right - it doesn't seem to work with Safari 1.0 on Mac OS X 10.2, for some reason. I'll try other browsers a bit later on.

--Scott M.

10. smcguire

smcguire New Member

Okay, here are my testing experiences on Mac OS X 10.2.

Mozilla 1.5rc2 - works as expected; scrolls page down to Quick Reply field and activates it so you can type in it.

Safari 1.0 - actually activates the Quick Reply field, but fails to scroll the page down to it, giving it the appearance of not working.

Internet Explorer 5.2 - Takes you to the old, regular reply page even when you click on the Quick Reply button (and yes, I tried several times to make sure I wasn't accidentally clicking in the right place).

Hope this helps,

--Scott M.

11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I have found a small flaw. You can't deside if you want to subscribe to the thread or not.

12. Phillip

Look under "similar threads". You can subscribe to any thread whether you post in it or not.

13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I don't want to subscribe to any of the threads I post in.

Oh forget it. It's a minor nit pick. Wasn't worth bringing up in the first.

14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

So, are we keeping this now, Phil? I love it. I use it all the time.

Crazy, I believe you can set your preferances not to subscribe you every time.

15. Phillip

Yep, quick reply is a keeper. 100% of the people who voted liked it, so it's definitely staying. We may do some other polls like this in the future on other new forum features.

16. Luke

Luke Active Member

I like quick reply, but 'Similar Threads' just tends to throw up a load of really old stuff. I guess Vbulletin need to work on the technology to discriminate a bit more.