New Forum Feature: Quick Reply

Do you like the new quick reply feature?

• Yes

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I clicked the quick reply thing and still got sent to a new page. What went wrong?

That's my problem too....

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy Harry and Dr. Tooth,

Be sure you are clicking the "quick reply" icon (without any text) rather than the normal reply with quote icon. It sounds like that is what may be happening.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Be sure you are clicking the "quick reply" icon
The little peice of paper with the curved arrow on it? If yes, then that's exactly what I'm clicking. It works on the computors at school. Maybe it's a Mac problem.

smcguire

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
The little peice of paper with the curved arrow on it? If yes, then that's exactly what I'm clicking. It works on the computors at school. Maybe it's a Mac problem.
Crazy Harry's right - it doesn't seem to work with Safari 1.0 on Mac OS X 10.2, for some reason. I'll try other browsers a bit later on.

--Scott M.

smcguire

Reaction score
Okay, here are my testing experiences on Mac OS X 10.2.

Mozilla 1.5rc2 - works as expected; scrolls page down to Quick Reply field and activates it so you can type in it.

Safari 1.0 - actually activates the Quick Reply field, but fails to scroll the page down to it, giving it the appearance of not working.

Internet Explorer 5.2 - Takes you to the old, regular reply page even when you click on the Quick Reply button (and yes, I tried several times to make sure I wasn't accidentally clicking in the right place).

Hope this helps,

--Scott M.