New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

tygerbug

Reaction score
I sent you a Henson Hour ep? I don't remember sending anyone anything! Weird. Sure it was me? Probably Sweet Vacation/The Soldier and Death right? I love that ep.

My Beta tapes actually look better than that! The quality of that ep is explained by it being recorded at SLP when I was a kid, on a crappy VCR, then RERECORDED (duped) to ANOTHER TAPE also when I was a kid ALSO ON SLP .... which results in utterly horrible quality. Sigh .... We were young and naive about SLP/SP then ...

Phillip says he'll be sending me some nicer stuff in exchange for some junk I had laying around.

As for the USC archives, they have dismantled them and put them into storage. They literally got rid of anything that isn't utterly mainstream and available on DVD. They used to have great stuff like the Pogo Special Birthday Special etc. Sigh .... so, no going. No Muppet stuff anymore even.

We had all the Pink Panther tapes when I was a kid but I don't recognize the titles on your list. I dunno if I'd remember Pink Panther titles anyway. (Dad did some Pink licensing.)

I do have a bad copy of Tales From the Far Side. The one I'd REALLY like to see is Tales from the Far Side II .... which was only released on an expensive video from Larson himself ....

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by tygerbug
I sent you a Henson Hour ep? I don't remember sending anyone anything! Weird. Sure it was me? Probably Sweet Vacation/The Soldier and Death right? I love that ep.
Precisely. It was along with all that rare Monty Python stuff. Take it from me, guys, he's got quite a selection when it comes to Python.

The Pink Panther list I made is of cartoons that I have not found available on any video compilations in the United States. I did just purchase a PAL-VHS compilation tape containing some of the titles on my list, and it should be arriving soon.

Originally posted by tygerbug
I do have a bad copy of Tales From the Far Side. The one I'd REALLY like to see is Tales from the Far Side II .... which was only released on an expensive video from Larson himself ....
When that video offer came in a Far Side daily calendar, I begged my mom to get me one of 'em. :frown: I think they might be available in PAL format in the UK.

Hey Garrett - got any Fraggle Rock? I'm also fiending for that. Check my inventory!

tygerbug

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the same offer in the same calendar. Lemme know if that ever turns up in tape trades.

Thanks for digging the Python stuff. Forget what I sent you now, but I consider myself to have pretty much anything important when it comes to Python. =) I think I have a vague memory of this. Prolly sent you Rutland Weekend Sprimpo, with the Ricochet Brothers.

I am verry unknowing when it comes to Fraggle Rock. Have mostly nothin'. About 12 episodes, apparently episodes 1-8 and maybe 9-12, turned up in the garage in low quality beta versions taped off of HBO when they first aired. I sent them to Philip to look at.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Hey there, I am a 14 year old muppet fan. It's funny my sister (who is 3 years older than me) makes jokes that she started my interest in muppets by coloring a picture of baby animal in a coloring book and putting on my crib in the hospital when i was born

C'irdan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo14
Hey there, I am a 14 year old muppet fan.
Me too! so what are your favorite muppet things? movies...shows...etc?

My favorite movies go in this order:

The Great Muppet Caper
The Muppet Movie
The Muppets Take Manhattan-ties with-Muppets From Space
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Treasure Island

and I hate muppet babies... but I love Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and Muppets Tonight...

Ornery

Reaction score
Hello! I guess fate lead me to this thread since I'm new here. I've been a Muppet fan for a long as I can remember. I've made sure that my son gets the Muppet experience, also. The Muppets are something that the whole family can watch together, what with the puppet appeal for kids and the humor that adults can appreciate. I'll always believe that Jim Henson was a creative/entertainment genious before his time.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fourm, Ornery! (LOL... I just love that name!) It's always nice to hear of someone exposing the new generation to the Muppets. We're glad you found us.

Lenny

Reaction score
Hello all.

Old-timers here will remember me from the early days of Muppet Central when you guys had that Delphi forum. I was known as MuppetFan79 (lame name) on the boards, but my real name was (and still is) Rich Borosky. I hung around here a lot in 1999, and even helped author a couple of quizzes. I recently dug out my box of Muppet tapes , so I thought I'd stop in and say hi. I hope SOMEONE out there remembers me...

Rich

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Rich! Fantastic to see you again. Hope all is well. Looking forward to talking with you more around here. A lot is going on now a days!

Lenny

Reaction score
Thanks Phil.

I'm glad to know that someone remembers me. I hope to stick around for a while...

Rich