New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Speaking of movie making... do any of you guys own the lego studios kit. I hear it is suppose to excellent! You can make your own stop motion films and then post them for others to watch. Might be an interest to some of you aspiring movie makers!

Hello Gentle Giant who works for FAO! How's it going?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Speaking of movie making... do any of you guys own the lego studios kit. I hear it is suppose to excellent! You can make your own stop motion films and then post them for others to watch. Might be an interest to some of you aspiring movie makers!

Hello Gentle Giant who works for FAO! How's it going?
I don't know if they have it anymore, but I remember a while back in Innoventions at EPCOT Center in WDW, they had stations set up with Lego Studios. The gave you (I think) I dinosaur and a few little lego people to work with. I think it was taken away during the revamping of Innoventions though :frown:

-Matt

tygerbug

Reaction score
>Interesting...and there is no distributor for any of these films of yours? Have they played the festival circuits?Not the big boy slike Sundance, but what about Slam Dance, LA filmfest, etc?

In the old days I made very small films ... not short, but not intended to be seen by a wide audience. The Phantom Movie played at a lot of sci-fi fests in various countries, and we're still playing on cable access across the country, we've been played in a lot of different states and even have fans in Australia and Japan. But no, I never made movies with the intent of them being distributed on video for real, or shown at proper film fests, until very recently ... Gods of Los Angeles would be the first movie I've made with a festival/video audience in mind, and we'll see where it goes. Much as I love the rest, I'm not sure how they'd play at film fests ... though actually some of them did play at a few. And I always attend the Rewind awards in South Dakota, as many of the amateur moviemakers I love go there and we can cause trouble. A LOT of trouble.

>Youd be surprised to know all I have is an hour a day access to this gosh awful archaic computer at the library. Though with my new job hopefully I can afford a nice one soon.

Excuses, excuses.

>Well, I point out all my aggreivences with the final cut on forum.foxsearchlight.com I dont think the studio was too happy wiht my report on the film, but it is the only clear cut case of a director destroying a masterpiece that I have seen.

I have posted my thoughts at the forum there. Frankly hearing Romanek talk with a pretty glib and self-assured voice about the film destroyed a lot of my enjoyment of it. Regardless I would love to see the original cut of the film. Anyplace I might get a copy ...

>Aw, but the thing is with hardly any money and noone I cna think of interested in amateur filmaking...therein lies the problem. for now im sticking with comic books and music making.

I spent no money on my first films whatsoever, and did them basically alone ..

But then I've beaten that dead horse enough.

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Welcome all New Muppet Freaks. ::big bears hugs everyone::
It's so amazing when you think of it how many of us there are out there, when for so long I thought I was alone. Anyways, I didn't know whether or not to introduce myself because I did just join like a month ago, but i won't because well, everyone else here is a lot Newer than I am. Anyways, Welcome Aboard!

-Wemblin' Kate

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Ahem...

*TAPS MIROPHONE*

...is this thing on??

*MICROPHONE FEEDBACK*

:eek: Ech... hate that noise. Anyhoo, hey folks, the name's Evan Spigelman. I'm 15, and a humongo movie buff. I write reviews for my website, link:

http://bigspeegs124.tripod.com/

I'm very much into the indie film scene, especially MOVIE OF THE MOMENT: SECRETARY!!! Hehe... great film. Well, I'm into that, I'm also a bit of an actor (but just for fun; I'm not the brattyteenactorwhothinkstheworldrevolvesaroundhim type). What else... ok, as for music, I'm into alternative rock (especially System of a Down, who really practice what they preach; very involved in activism and all that, plus their music kicks arse), classic rock, some jazz, and some orchestral. So yeah, my tastes are bouncing off the walls.

Now, for Muppets. I basically grew up on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, and I'm glad I did. I feel that the Muppets are basically the purest form of humor one can find, and that Sesame Street in particular is really helping change the world (especially with the HIV positive Muppet, God bless them). I think that with this whole 25th anniversary, new shows, and new puppeteers settling in, the Muppets are due for a HUMUNGO comeback. Just you wait! (Favorite Muppet Movies: TMM and GMC).

So that's me.

-SPEEGS

Green Rose

Reaction score
Well well well... I've been a lurker here for hmmm, 2 years? I believe I posted once or twice on the Delphi forum long long ago.

Anyhoo, I'm Rose :smile:. 16 years old, and a Muppet Geek if I do say so myself.

Aside from Muppets, I'm interested in voice acting, videogames, reading, playing violin, animation- oh, and I like creamed corn :big_grin:.

I've always loved Henson productions- but it never really turned into an obsession until about 2 years ago (when I started coming here too!). It's difficult for me to name a favorite Muppet- every Muppet has an extremely unique personality which makes them terrific! My friends would probably tell you though that I have a slight obsession with Kermit *wears her Kermit shoelaces right now*. LOL, I have a thing with comparing myself and friends to Muppets. I suppose it's because I can relate very much to Kermit about dreams and making others happy.

The earliest Muppet memory I have is watching The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. I was about 5... and even though I only saw it once, the song "Just One Person" stuck in my mind forever. Geez, I'd love have a copy of that.

Hopefully I'll post a bit more... although my Henson knowledge doesn't compare with most everyone on the board, I love to read and take part in discussions!

Green Rose

beaker

Reaction score
Welcome Green Rose!

Im sure youll feel right at home with all the other fellow Muppet-video game-animation fans on here!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ah yes, a whole-hearted welcome from your pal Cantus. :smile: You may want to join the MC Nerds Club [in ref. to the Golden Muffins Afterparty post], if you don't feel ashamed labeling yourself as such. :smile: Enjoy!

Koo Koo Kachu, the Walrus says Welcome!! (I am the Walrus, btw).

-Matt

beneneuman

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

Here we go with another Newbie introduction to this excellent site! I'm beneneuman - Ben Piddington to everyone who knows me - and I'm a big Muppet fan from London, England, although I live out in Kent now.

For a living, I work as a web developer for a media company in London. It's cool and keeps me off the streets!

I've been a muppets fan for, oof, since I can remember! My mum said I used to jump up and down on the sofa when Muppets used to come on TV when I was little - so nothing much has changed!!

I'm updating my Muppets collection to DVD at the moment - although I'm holding out in case Muppet Movie, Caper and Take Manhatten get re-released with some more extras!

Also collect the action figures which I think are excellent quality!

Apart from Muppets, I like DVD, Photography, The Simpsons & mad Magazine!

Hope to be posting more soon!

ta-ta!