New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Welcome Knightfall! Looking forward to getting to know you! I joined recently and i already love it here :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Great big "Hellos" "Welcome to MCs" and "nice to meet yous" to: (I have a little catching up, and if I missed you, I'm soory!)

Booberknowsbest
KnightFall
MaryCampbell
and
ffolk!

We hope to make your stay here as comfortable as possible, and please. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. Thankyou and enjoy your stay here at the Happiness Hotel! I mean.... Muppet Central. :smile:

KnightFall

Reaction score
Wow if this is the Happiness Hotel i'm glad i brought my own food. :wink: Thanks for the warm welcome everyone i think i will enjoy my time here very much.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Wellcome Mary cambell glad that you came to all this great Forum this is a wonderful place to be .
My faverites Muppet babies and Miss piggy is my faverite for that show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muppet babies is really a all time faverite .
I have loved the muppets all of my life .
Do you love the muppet Babies as well ?:smile: :mad:
Glad that you are here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

Reaction score
Hello All!

I found this forum quite by accident, while doing research for a school project! Glad I did!

I am a non traditional student... a thirtysomething Sophomore to be exact! Anyway, I am taking a puppet history class this semester, as it is something I always enjoyed doing as a kid. A month ago, I saw a puppeteer on TV asked a question how she started, and she said the puppets chose her... Well, it got me thinking.

I have always enjoyed puppets, I made many as a child, and had some fun shows in my neighborhood, I was also fortunate to meet and work with Peter Sellars when he was in his 20's and before he became an Opera Director. I also worked with local celebrities in Denver (where I grew up). Unfortunately, I did not stick with it... I had to get a job in the real world so to speak.

So, here I am back in school, taking a puppet history class and getting ready to make my first puppet... so if any of you have any ideas, suggestions or samples you would like to send :flirt: I would greatly appreciate it!

Sorry for being so long winded in my first post... I am just so excited I found this board, and from what I can see, that so many professionals are here, and seem so willing to offer advice and tips.

Nick

Skye

Reaction score
Hi and welcome, Nick! And good for you, being back in school, that's so great! I really hope you enjoy it here! :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi nick! We're really glad you joind in the fun here! I don't know the first thing about creating puppets but I would say is just to be as creative and fun as possible. Anyway, it's always great to meet a another muppet fan. By the way that story that lady on tv saying that the puppet choose her was so great. We get just as excided when people discover us and are real glad that you did. Good luck on you classes and accidents are how great things are started!:smile:

Welcome

William

Nick

Reaction score
Thanks Skye!
Hopefully I will gleen lots of info, and make some incredible puppets... and maybe even score a real muppet or two along my way... My dream is to have a kermit and gonzo... my two faves, and the two voices I do best!

Nick

Reaction score
thanks William! So far the experience here has been great so far! Oh and yes Muppet fan since the begining! Well the begining of Sesame Street that is...

I remember actually calling the local station and asking to speak to Gordon... I thought it all took place in Denver... I mean I was 6 after all! :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Nick said:
Thanks Skye!
Hopefully I will gleen lots of info, and make some incredible puppets... and maybe even score a real muppet or two along my way... My dream is to have a kermit and gonzo... my two faves, and the two voices I do best!
No problem at all! :smile:
Oh, that's great, and so cool that you can do those two voices! Lots of luck to you in hopefully getting and learning all you would love to! :smile: