New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi all! I can't believe I haven't signed up for this forum before, but so glad I found it! I'm in my early thirties and have been a Muppet fanatic since I was very little. I'd like to start collecting the Palisades Muppets, I can't believe I didn't buy them back then! I make my own Muppets sometimes by needle felting them with wool - I don't sell them anymore though (due to trademark and all that) but its still fun to do. I also want to learn to make full size puppets. I'm excited to browse through the forum and probably learn a lot of cool stuff I didn't know!
Hi, Lena002. It's nice to meet you. My name is FrackleFan2012. I hope you have as much fun as us here in Muppet Central Forum! Don't forgot to show your full size puppets on the puppetry section.

n88ball

Reaction score
Hi my name is Nathan aka N88ball,
I am a video art student who has recently become very intereted in incorporating puppets into my work. I want to start building my own puppets from scratch and I'm looking forward to all the helpful discussion and hits this forum offers. I grew up loving the Muppets and one of my all time favorite movies is The Dark Crystal.

here is a video clip I made recently, hope you enjoy

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi my name is Nathan aka N88ball,
I am a video art student who has recently become very intereted in incorporating puppets into my work. I want to start building my own puppets from scratch and I'm looking forward to all the helpful discussion and hits this forum offers. I grew up loving the Muppets and one of my all time favorite movies is The Dark Crystal.

here is a video clip I made recently, hope you enjoy
Nice video you got there. Welcome to the forum! :fanatic:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hello Lena and Nathan! Hope you both enjoy the forum and have a lovely time.

TyGer

Reaction score
Howdy,

I always watched Eureka's Castle, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock as a kid. One of my oldest Sesame Street memories was when my dad came home from a long trip he brought me a Homer Honker stuffed animal with working horns. It was awesome. I wish I still had it.

Now as an adult with two little boys of my own who love Elmo and Sesame Street, I can't help but become intrigued.

It was definitely an Elmo Christmas this year at my house as well. Really good time. I feel awful about the accusations surrounding Kevin Clash.

After Christmas had wound down, I sat down and thought about it, and decided that even though I don't know how to cut and sew and I'm not very crafty... That I would design and build a puppet for my youngest son.

So even though it's pretty shoddy in my opinion, I'd like to introduce Otto!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Howdy,

I always watched Eureka's Castle, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock as a kid. One of my oldest Sesame Street memories was when my dad came home from a long trip he brought me a Homer Honker stuffed animal with working horns. It was awesome. I wish I still had it.

Now as an adult with two little boys of my own who love Elmo and Sesame Street, I can't help but become intrigued.

It was definitely an Elmo Christmas this year at my house as well. Really good time. I feel awful about the accusations surrounding Kevin Clash.

After Christmas had wound down, I sat down and thought about it, and decided that even though I don't know how to cut and sew and I'm not very crafty... That I would design and build a puppet for my youngest son.

So even though it's pretty shoddy in my opinion, I'd like to introduce Otto!

Aaww.. What a cute puppet. I like it. I hope Otto doesn't get any germs or get damaged. I always keep puppets in mint condition. Anyway, welcome to Muppet Central Forum! I hope you like this forum and I hope you look at other posts and start commenting on them. Enjoy! :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hi, Tyger, welcome to the forums! That puppet looks pretty good. :smile:

TyGer

Reaction score
Thanks Hubert and FrakleFan! I look forward to making more. So much to learn!

llamallover

Reaction score
Hi! I'm 13. I really love muppets and hope to be a muppeteer when I get older. I recently got a sewing machine and figured out how to use it. Yesterday I made my first muppet. He is not very good but I still love him! That is why I signed up for this forum. I really want to learn how to make good muppets, and it seems that people here have good tips. I also signed up because the people here seem very friendly and welcoming. :smile:
I really like all the crazy muppets like Animal and Cookie Monster.:insatiable:

I look forward to meeting you all!

Vincent L

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forums!
Hope you'll share some pictures of your puppet :smile: