New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Beebers

Reaction score
Introducing oneself

I didn't realize that we should come over here and introduce ourselves. When first on the Forum I spent all my time in General Discussion and Puppetry. I'm just starting to visit other areas.
I'm 46 years old, Creative Director and prexy of FISH'N'WOLFE Productions - FISH'N'WOLFE of MC is my son - and we custom/commission build puppets, we create them for our own use, we've done short comedy films, getting into pitching T.V. ads, and have a pilot/series concept awaiting filming once we have adequate studio space. Haven't tried to pitch that yet, we don't have enough in the can.
We do all the conception, design and building of both puppets and sets, all the writing, direction, filming and all editing ourselves, start to finish.
I've had a rather overly dramatic and unwieldy life so humor and fun are the name of the game for me. It's the only universal antidote to everything.
Muppet Central is hands-down the best-run site of any type that I've ever seen. Mr. Chapman et. al., you are a ten on the scale, and thank you all for every day creating such a haven of fun.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hello all! welcome to MC! I hope you're up to date on your rabies vaccination.....

yaytime

Reaction score
My name is dave. I live on Long Island and commute to NYC everyday.
I work for Nickelodeon Magazine during the day and write and draw my own comic books at night that are self published with my friend John.

One is called Jax Epoch and the Quicken Forbidden and is like Alice in Wonderland in NYC. You can check it out on a site a fan made for us:
http://www.quickenforbidden.com

Another is a silly book called Teen Boat:
http://www.realmsend.com/comics/teenboat.htm

I've been a fan of the Muppets as well as puppetry my whole life.

I love pretty much everything Henson related from the Jim Henson Hour to Farscape, Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Muppets in Space, you name it.

I got to get a brief tour of the Henson building in NYC a few years back and it was like a dream come true.

In college I interned at a stop motion animation studio called 181 Productions that did comercials and stuff (including some for Kool Aid) and segments for Reading Rainbow.
For while I though thats what I'd end up doing...but then somehow I ended up getting a job in publishing.

Beebers

Reaction score
Rabies inoculations

sarah_yzma said:
hello all! welcome to MC! I hope you're up to date on your rabies vaccination.....

You know, I just got mine but I do get slightly distempered now and then. Full moons and things. Better go back for my booster.

I actually had to do the rabies series. I was working at a large stable and a horse went berserk in his stall, doing his level best to render me expired. You have 72 hours from point of injury to start the rabies shots and choice A is you do the series, Choice B is you have a frothy, agony-packed demise. Most people choose A.
I waited till the 70th hour, got quickly drunk and went to the E.R.
The serum's in a suspension the color and thickness of honey and the syringe is the size of Brooklyn. They have no mercy punching that stuff in. I'm a little person but there was a guy three times my size doing the same thing who passed right out next to me. I didn't pass out because I was fortified.
I had to have major alcoholic fortification before every visit and I'm never a weenie about such things.
One day a woman accompanying someone in the E.R. heard the word "rabies" from my nurse and thought I was Vlad the Impaler, ready to attack.
Aren't you glad you mentioned rabies?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Aren't you glad you mentioned rabies?
I'M glad she mentioned rabies. But, then, I'll do almost ANYTHING to get a funny story out of someone!

Beebers

Reaction score
Rabies

Manda:-D said:
I'M glad she mentioned rabies. But, then, I'll do almost ANYTHING to get a funny story out of someone!

Very glad you enjoyed that. I can laugh NOW. Without frothing at the mouth. I highly recommend Chivas to anyone of age having to do their rabies series. This is NOT a Lite anything experience.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
char said:
I'm actually working for Sesame Workshop technically...i'm a Script Dept. intern, which is awesome because I get to see everything that will happen in the new season, etc. I'm around for a lot of the taping since I'm out at the set...it's way cool.

You are one lucky little duck. I was a Sesame intern back when the program was a little ghetto....Its much more structured now so it should be a great experience for you.

I have probably seen you around. :wink:

Its ok, I like to remain vaugely anonymous.. .

Jinx

Reaction score
Greetings one and all!

I'm new to MC, but certainly not new to puppetry. I got my first puppet, an Oscar the Grouch, for Christmas when I was nine years old. That was thirty-one years ago!

In the intervening years, I've managed to add many diciplines to my performing repertoire, including acting, tap dancing, mime, opera, magic, juggling, directing, choreography and others. *whew* Jack-of-all-trades, master of none!

So obviously, theatre is my life, although I do have a "day job" as a graphic designer and production supervisor. I have had the opportunity to puppeteer Audrey II for three different productions of Little Shop of Horrors, which is quite an experience, let me tell you.

I look forward to getting to know you all better in the days to come.

Cheers!

Frank

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I was working at a large stable and a horse went berserk in his stall, doing his level best to render me expired. You have 72 hours from point of injury to start the rabies shots and choice A is you do the series, Choice B is you have a frothy, agony-packed demise. Most people choose A.
Hope I didn't strike a nerve. if it helps, I just had my flu shot (met to much of my protest) and my relatives (who were slightly drunk on thanksgiving.....no wait...more like REALLLY drunk) kept grabbing my arm right on my shot....ok maybe not as consoling as I thought.

Welcome to all new people!

Beebers

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Hope I didn't strike a nerve. if it helps, I just had my flu shot (met to much of my protest) and my relatives (who were slightly drunk on thanksgiving.....no wait...more like REALLLY drunk) kept grabbing my arm right on my shot....ok maybe not as consoling as I thought.

Welcome to all new people!

What? Strike a nerve? Hardly. It makes a great story, the rabies thing.

How did you jump from flu shots in Weird Diseases to here??

Don't worry about it, no nerves struck here. On to other things. This is too confusing. Let's leave this thread to the new folk.