New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

KalokiM

Reaction score
Hi, the sign up email said to come say hi, so hi! (How many times can I say "Hi" in one post?)

I'm Kat, always loved muppets/puppets, used to have great fun making puppets and putting on shows as a kid. Now I have my own child I've been thinking of passing that on to him, and also it's a great excuse to play with puppets again! Especially as he's taken a real liking to my old Red from Fraggle Rock toy.

As such I'm looking at making him a muppet style puppet for his first birthday, and googling brought this forum up, which appears to be rammed full of information. So I thought I'd join up to get advice, and hopefully get feedback on my own efforts.

KalokiM

Reaction score
Haha, the best part is, that gif couldn't be any more appropriate! <hides goth clothes>

Jakimus

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just signed up and, like Kat, my baby daughter is obsessed with Red Fraggle. We picked out a Red hand puppet at a local toy store, and she usually prefers Red over daddy. Her older cousins live in another city and often chat with us via FaceTime or Skype, and they always want to chat with Red too.

Anyhow, I've been a giant Muppet fan forever, watched Sesame Street well past my preschool years, and have performed as puppeteer with my Chicago theater company several times. Thought I'd nose around and pick up some building tips.