New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
Hi ho!
I am a 16 year old Muppet fanatic from Florida, and I do mean FANATIC. Most kids fangirl over Doctor Who; I fangirl over Henson productions. Anyway: I am an aspiring children's television writer as I love children and writing, and I hope to get a job writing for Sesame Street and performing some background puppetry (after college). My theatre experience, knack for vocal impressions, and aptitude in English would make me good for this job I think. Ew this is sounding like a job application, lol... I enjoy acting and writing, so of course I constantly analyze the puppeteers' performances and scripts, which usually are really good.
Steve Whitmire and Caroll Spinney are my favorite Muppeteers, and my heroes in every sense of the word. I hope to meet them someday.
As a little kid, I loved to watch Sesame Street, and was into shows like Between the Lions, Johnny and the Sprites, and Sid the Science Kid throughout my childhood. I never really realized it until now but everything I really loved in terms of TV had to do with puppetry. In fact, when I was in middle school we performed a "radio show". I was cast as a snake in my skit, and I had the idea to dress entirely in black and use a snake puppet for the role!
I got REALLY REALLY into Jim Henson/Muppets about a year ago and now I'm obsessed. I own a puppet and practice with it a lot. Nowadays my favorite show is Fraggle Rock for many reasons, and the Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies. My favorite Muppet movie is Muppet Christmas Carol, but my favorite one as a child was Muppets from Space, and kind of still is. But mostly for the nostalgia.
I'm excited to be part of this site, and hope that it will be a nice little place where I can express myself and not be looked down upon because of my age.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hi ho!
I am a 16 year old Muppet fanatic from Florida, and I do mean FANATIC. Most kids fangirl over Doctor Who; I fangirl over Henson productions. Anyway: I am an aspiring children's television writer as I love children and writing, and I hope to get a job writing for Sesame Street and performing some background puppetry (after college). My theatre experience, knack for vocal impressions, and aptitude in English would make me good for this job I think. Ew this is sounding like a job application, lol... I enjoy acting and writing, so of course I constantly analyze the puppeteers' performances and scripts, which usually are really good.
Steve Whitmire and Caroll Spinney are my favorite Muppeteers, and my heroes in every sense of the word. I hope to meet them someday.
As a little kid, I loved to watch Sesame Street, and was into shows like Between the Lions, Johnny and the Sprites, and Sid the Science Kid throughout my childhood. I never really realized it until now but everything I really loved in terms of TV had to do with puppetry. In fact, when I was in middle school we performed a "radio show". I was cast as a snake in my skit, and I had the idea to dress entirely in black and use a snake puppet for the role!
I got REALLY REALLY into Jim Henson/Muppets about a year ago and now I'm obsessed. I own a puppet and practice with it a lot. Nowadays my favorite show is Fraggle Rock for many reasons, and the Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies. My favorite Muppet movie is Muppet Christmas Carol, but my favorite one as a child was Muppets from Space, and kind of still is. But mostly for the nostalgia.
I'm excited to be part of this site, and hope that it will be a nice little place where I can express myself and not be looked down upon because of my age.
Nice to meet you! :smile:
Welcome aboard to the forum! Please, enjoy this forum as much as you can.

Daniel Ward

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Dan and I'm a child of the 70's so I was brought up watching The Muppet Show and have been obsessed by everything Henson ever since. I have an extensive DVD collection and still have some old VHS tapes which I sadly don't have the means to view anymore. :boo:

I can't wait to share and enjoy some quality 'nerd' time on the forum and I, like all of us am SICK of waiting for seasons four and five. :grr:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Dan and I'm a child of the 70's so I was brought up watching The Muppet Show and have been obsessed by everything Henson ever since. I have an extensive DVD collection and still have some old VHS tapes which I sadly don't have the means to view anymore. :boo:

I can't wait to share and enjoy some quality 'nerd' time on the forum and I, like all of us am SICK of waiting for seasons four and five. :grr:
Welcome the the foum, Dan! :smile:

Kendra Brown

Reaction score
My name is Kendra I'm a mother of a 3 year old baby girl I always love to encourage preschoolers with Abc's an 123's I'm a big fan of the muppets my daughter and I love to watch it all the time

Bridget

Reaction score
My name is Kendra I'm a mother of a 3 year old baby girl I always love to encourage preschoolers with Abc's an 123's I'm a big fan of the muppets my daughter and I love to watch it all the time
A pleasure to meet you dearest. Welcome to Muppet Central. I hope you enjoy yourself!

myemerald

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is myemerald. I am new to this forum, but not new to the Muppets. Some of my favorite TV shows/Movies are: Fraggle Rock, Muppet Christmas Carol, Sesame Street (of course). I love Fozzie, Cookie Monster, Super Grover:super:, Swedish Chef, and all the rest. When Muppets From Space first came out, my daughter (then about 3 or 4) fell madly in love with Gonzo and I knew that one day I would be his mother-in-law :concern:. Ummmm that hasn't happened yet. Anyway, I was blessed to know many of the Muppet gang and have many wonderful memories.

I, like some other members, must part with some of my memorabilia and have had some luck with ebay. I see that you have an area where items can be bought/sold/traded so I may have to look into that soon! I look forwarding to getting to know some of you crazy Muppet fans :eek: