New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
haha i've been here for a while and forgot to say hi to everyone.....i would be ryan.....

ryan

Chinchilla

Reaction score
Introducing me (long)

Well, hello everybody. I'm female and 32, and live in Missouri. I do not own any chinchillas. I am still discovering what to do with my life. I got a degree in Graphic Design and Illustration and have worked full-time as a GDer for 9 yrs. I have never been to NYC or the state of California. St. Louis and Kansas City are the largest cities I have ever met.

I imprinted on Muppets at an early age and have always been fond of them. I will always idolize Jim Henson. However, I don't think my interest in Muppets was unusually strong, and certainly I hadn't thought of them much in many years, until I saw the VMMCM on TV right after Thanksgiving. Suddenly my vague and nostalgic interest has reignited into obsession.

So in hopes of getting some sort of handle on myself I am deliberately trying to overdose on all things Muppetty. And this is such a nice place to try-- so very well done. But am I too old to be here?

And I ask myself, why the fascination with Muppets? I have never built a puppet.... I am not a performer...

I have always always always been drawn to that which is odd and bizzarre...

It occurrred to me yesterday I have always had an interest in storytelling, explaining and communicating. That is what my career and intrests and the muppets seem to have in common... but there are so many many ways to tell so many stories... and I seldom feel I have anything of worth to tell.

And, of course, I used to dream of somehow being employed by the JHC. But always considered it a pipe dream and still do. What a cute cute cute job it would be to make the teensy clothes for the little rod puppets! Rizzo's teeny jacket and Pepe's teeny shirts! Teeny little hats! Teeny weeny shoes! But not for me. I don't sew.

Shifting the subject matter away from me me me... where are the Muppets set in their various activities? In what city was the VMMCM? New York? Is the house from MFS in California? Where was the TV station from MT and the JHH? Are they all in some generic universally-applicable place?

Thank you for letting me vent.
CC

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by camilla
( real name Sarah!)

Camilla

i am sarah too, except i am 14 and from a small town in Oklahoma.....what a small world....just trying to make conversation....

Sarah

camilla

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
i am sarah too, except i am 14 and from a small town in Oklahoma.....what a small world....just trying to make conversation....

Cool. Nice to meet you sarah! i've never been to the States at all. never been across the ocean blue

Camilla

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hello, Camilla. Stay away from Gonzo. We had one chicken on here once, he was over her like... well, Gonzo on a chicken.:big_grin:

camilla

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Hello, Camilla. Stay away from Gonzo. We had one chicken on here once, he was over her like... well, Gonzo on a chicken.:big_grin:

Cou;d be fun. Gonzo always has been my favourite weirdo going! Perhpas we need intrudced
burk burk ( or is that the Swedish Chef!!)
Oh i was watching the Lynda carter episode the other night. Pretty good

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
well, Gonzo on a chicken.:big_grin:
and we all know what a disaster that can be....younger people visit this site ya know! haha

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ooops! Sorry younger people! That was my other me. There's two of me, and I think the one is... me. The other... we don't know where he came from. And now if you're not thoroughly confused, I have a twin.

Oh i was watching the Lynda carter episode the other night. Pretty good
Yeah, it's among my favorites. At first I was thinking of using Pizza Twins as my screen name, then Kerm&Foz (they're my favorite best friends team) But, Scooter and Fozzie are my faborite characters, so I jsut chose between the two of them, and since we already have a normal Scooter...

My life stories are becoming meaning-less drivel. I feel like Calvin and Hobbes.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
I'm New...YAY!!

Hey There all you muppet fans... ok Im here to introduce myself.

sooo ...My name is Gina from California, and Im a hardcore Muppet fan. Yeah, I know im only 16 years old but in those 16 years ive developed quite a passion for all of muppet kind. Ive been around here for a while but im only now starting to be interested in the forums section. Also for the record, I am a obssesed with The Electric Mayhem.

So, I just thought I would tell you all that...Have A Nice Day!

Oh Yeah, also, if anyone can help me putting one of those cool little icons under my user name id be really greatful (i cant figure out how to do it *tear*) or if anyone has any cute janice pictures to donate to this cause that would be awesome...thanks

~bye~GiNa~