New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

AmyK2402

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I guess I am supposed to introduce myself as a new member. I just found this website recently, and I really enjoyed exploring the site. I am a sophomore in college and have always been a fan of the Muppets. I just wanted to say hi, and ask if anyone knows of any good sites where I can download videos or clips from The Muppits. Thanks :smile:

KDove

Reaction score
Hi Amy! Welcome! Where do you go to college at? I'm a student at Purdue University.

Kiley:smile:

AmyK2402

Reaction score
Hi KDove, I go to Valparaiso University. I have quite a few friends who go to Purdue....

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: *Stands up*

Originally posted by HeraLirambar
Hi, my name is Hera, and I'm obsessed with Muppets.
OMG, is your name, like, really Hera?? Cause I freakin' LOVE Greek mythology!! :big_grin:

Really!

I do!

:smile:

I have actually met an Athena...not the Athena, but cool nonetheless...and I've seen "Artemis" and "Iris" as names of foreign females on documents I key in at work! :smile:

Welcome to "White-armed Hera", and all you other new people!!!

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Byron

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: Re: *Stands up*

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I freakin' LOVE Greek mythology!! :big_grin:
Byron
You know Byron loves something when he brings out the word "freakin'". :big_grin:

Welcome Hera, and all other new members. :smile:

-Matt

Navarre

Reaction score
Wel, I'm new but this discussion certainly isn't. I am fascinated by this entire thing. As a kid, all I looked forward to was getting to watch the Muppet Show on my little black and white tv at our summer house in Rhode Island. There I'd be, tucked away, oblivious to anything and everything except this imaginary world where anything could actually be. I loved it. I still love it. My husband is always telling me it's time to grow up. I can't stay stuck in childhood forever. Well, why can't I? I mean, I'm a teacher and if I want to relate I have to stay young somehow. Now, granted, my sixth graders think I'm crazy too, but hey, I am what I am. And I lost my mother at 18 and loving this stuff keeps me connected to her somehow.
From the Muppet Show to Fraggle Rock to all the movies, (Muppet..., Labrynth, Dark Crystal etc.), I love it all. Somehow the world feels a little smaller and more innocent knowing all of you are out there enjoying it too. I'm glad you're all out there.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Navarre, welcome to Muppet Central. We're glad that we're "all out there too". :wink: Some of us are a little more "out there" than others. LOL

Navarre

Reaction score
Thanks Cindy. I just figured out how to get an avatar and I'm so excited. Could you tell me something about Muppetfest? What is it, where, etc. Thanks.:smile:

Navarre

Reaction score
How far north of Boston? I'm in Chelmsford. How'd you fare with all the snow. I am SO done!:eek: