New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think one of the most important things about Farenheit 9/11, though, regardless of whether you agree with Moore's argument, is that it is a highly provocative work. You can't not discuss it after seeing it. The film is also about Moore's contention that the administration has used the public panic and sensitivity to terror in the months and years following the attacks to push an agenda that they otherwise never would have been able to get approval for. Do I agree with this? Do you? Does Joe Voter? To me, that's not what's really important about the movie. What is important to me is that it inspires further questioning, further debate so that we don't take everything we see at face value. There are pundits and activists on the left who see things only one way, and there are pundits and activists on the right who do the same. If we didn't have the extremists, though, we'd never be able to get into the kind of lively debate that encourages people in the middle to look at the issues in a nuanced and sophisticated way.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02

Beebers

Reaction score
Granted. My problem with it is the profiteering, and the fact that some are not looking at the veracity of the film, and are basing decisions on the film alone. Had it been dead truthful and accurate I might look more kindly on it. But it simply is not, that's the trouble. I hope you're right, and I hope people won't just stop at the film but look into many sources of information.

:cool:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, the thing is that "truthful" and "accurate" often depend on interpretation. There's always a choice about which facts to present and how to go about presenting them. In any case, I'm hoping for the best...

:smile:

Beebers

Reaction score
I can't wait for Forever Neverland (I may have that reversed - Neverland Forever it might be), about J.M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan, with Johnny Depp (COOL) as Barrie. It looks beautifully filmed, with great costuming and production values.

:cool: :excited: :cool:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I can't wait for Forever Neverland (I may have that reversed - Neverland Forever it might be), about J.M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan, with Johnny Depp (COOL) as Barrie. It looks beautifully filmed, with great costuming and production values.

:cool: :excited: :cool:
I think it's just "Neverland" but I could be wrong. It does look like it will be a good movie though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think it's "Finding Neverland"--I can't wait either. Johnny Depp is always wonderful, so this should be a great movie.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Just watched Beyond the Sea trailer,Kevin Spacey's biopic of Bobby Darin,looks very good.

Beebers

Reaction score
OMG, yes, I forgot that one. I think Spacey will prove brilliant in it.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Is it an acrurate film, or one in which neverland is portrayed as real?