New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
There have been two series of six books each. Both are available as collected reprints. I think there may be a third series in progress as well, which I'm looking forward to.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I just saw The Interpreter today. Pretty good movie, if a little slow. However, I felt out of place because majority of the audience were old people, not that thtt's a bad thing!

3 out of 4 stars.

ryan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I just saw The Interpreter today. Pretty good movie, if a little slow. However, I felt out of place because majority of the audience were old people, not that thtt's a bad thing!

3 out of 4 stars.

ryan
I watched Sydney Pollack on the Charlie Rose show,talking about The Interpreter,gave a very good interview.I'm a very big fan of Sean Penn's & Sydney Pollack's;but,there have been only a few thrillers that have truly captured my attention(in general).Probably will wait until this movie goes to video too.Thanks for the review Ryan.I did look at the trailer to Corpse Bride(online) a few days ago,looks promising.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We'll see The Interpreter at some point, but we saw Woody Allen's Melinda and Melinda last night. It was really interesting--half tragedy, half comedy. At times it felt a little stagey, like a play rather than a movie. All in all, though, it was interesting and enjoyable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm seeing Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy tomorrow (I have an advanced screening pass), So I'll try to talk about it Wed. or thurs. Of course, I couldn't tell if it held up to the book, since I've never read it (yeah... yeah... I'd read more, if they didn't pressure me so much in grade, high and even art school to read and write reports)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm seeing said movie on Thursday, and I'll be able to give you the H2G2 fan's biased opinion.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I'm seeing Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy tomorrow (I have an advanced screening pass), So I'll try to talk about it Wed. or thurs. Of course, I couldn't tell if it held up to the book, since I've never read it (yeah... yeah... I'd read more, if they didn't pressure me so much in grade, high and even art school to read and write reports)
I'm curious about this movie. I've being hearing that it's pretty bad. But who knows. Look forward to your review.

ryan

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My wife and I took Friday off so that we can see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at a decent time. I'm really looking forward to it. She's excited about Alan Rickman's involvement in the flick. She really digs that guy for some reason. Maybe I should be glad he's just a voice.

We rented some movies this weekend, including Closer, I Heart Huckabees and House of Flying Daggers. However, the one that I will forever regret paying the money for was one called Haunted House. Do not ever rent Haunted House. Haunted House was the most horrible, awful, tragic waste of time I have ever experienced. It's a movie that claimed to be similar to Blair Witch Project and Session 9, but it's not. I swear I want to puke just thinking about it.

Haunted House is supposed to be about a couple of filmmakers who plant some "scary things" and hidden cameras in a house and they tell some actors to react to the traps. They follow the actors around and record their reactions to the supposed "scary things". In the meantime, two more actors are sitting around outside having the most boring conversation that two people can have. I didn't get too far into the movie because it caused my brain to turn to mush. I really wish I had picked up Saw instead.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*shiver* I don't want to see Saw....er...see-saw? That can't be right...*cough* *exiting thread gracefully*

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I never did see Saw, or those other movies Docnzhoss mentioned, but I know what they are.

Still, while we're on the subject of scary movies, I still dig the first Nightmare on Elmstreet. That's still is scary.

ryan