New movies coming out...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
How did you like Closer Ryan? I'm a very big fan a Alan Rickman myself,very good actor;to me his work is underated.Don't think I could watch Saw.A co-worker watched it,told me about it.Would give me nightmares,that it would.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Saw Hitchhikers last night. Now, I've never read the book, nor have I seen the TV show, so I can't really judge how fans would feel... but I loved it. I hear the book has a lot of Monty Python-esque humor, and it's clearly evident in the movie, especially the opening number (there's only one musical number, in case that gives you any reservations). I loved the snarky yet stuck up narrator, who gave lines like "In the beginning, God created the universe. It was highly considered a big mistake" (or to that effect) and my personal favorite, "In the event that you find yourself hopelessly in need of rescue, remember how good life has been to you so far. Conversely, if it hasn't been so good (more likely given the situation), don't worry. It won't trouble you any more."

Muppet fans will be pleased to hear that the Jim Henson Creature shop provided the creatures, mostly the Vorgons (did I get that right?)

I'm leaning to a theory that it's based more on the TV show than the book, because the Marvin suit (as disclosed in the credits, "original Marvin robot costume provided by BBC (?)") is taken from the series.

Over all, I really enjoyed it. The worst I can think of is that it's a good popcorn flick.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
"In the beginning, God created the universe. It was highly considered a big mistake"

Muppet fans will be pleased to hear that the Jim Henson Creature shop provided the creatures, mostly the Vorgons (did I get that right?)

...the Marvin suit (as disclosed in the credits, "original Marvin robot costume provided by BBC (?)") is taken from the series.
"In the begining, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move" Is that what you mean? That is the quote as taken from the radio series.

Close. It's "Vogons"

And the BBC Marvin Suit was merely a cameo. The new suit (which makes me wanna cry each time I see it because it is so terrable) was, in fact, also a JHC creation, I believe.

I will be seeing it tomorrow as a fan of the series, and avid listener, reader, watcher. So prepare yourselves for a good-blasting on how much I enjoy and/or/probably or hate the film. :wink:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Is Bill Nighy in HHG2G, there is someone on the trailer that looks like him. I love him-- he is very cool!! Martin whats-his-face looks fab!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Is Bill Nighy in HHG2G, there is someone on the trailer that looks like him. I love him-- he is very cool!! Martin whats-his-face looks fab!

Yes he is. He plays the role of Slartibartfast. I personally think he's a good fit for the role, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow. :excited:

JaniceFerSure said:
How did you like Closer Ryan?
It wasn't bad. I didn't drool all over Natalie Portman like I thought I would. I'm really beginning to like Clive Owen, though. He wasn't bad in King Arthur, but was really terrific in Sin City and Closer.

As for Alan Rickman, he's awesome. I just never thought of him as a "sex symbol" as apparently my wife does. However, his roles in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Dark Harbor, Dogma, the Harry Potters etc. really puts him up on a higher level from my point of view.

As for Saw, stuff like that doesn't bother me. A serial killer plays with the minds of his/her victims and they go nuts and do something drastic and there's some terrible twist in the end. I guess my brother told my mom that Saw wasn't very gory or scary so she decided to watch it. I don't think she's slept soundly since.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
Yes he is. He plays the role of Slartibartfast. I personally think he's a good fit for the role, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow. :excited:
And we all know what's coming....
I loved him in The Magic Roundabout!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Thnaks for the review of Hitchhikers Guide. I never have read the books or seen the series. I might go see it friday, that or XXX.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Thnaks for the review of Hitchhikers Guide. I never have read the books or seen the series. I might go see it friday, that or XXX.

ryan
By the wy, Ryan, it's great to have you around so much again.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
By the wy, Ryan, it's great to have you around so much again.
As shucks!!...........If I win a million dollars, I'll give you 100 dollars of it!

ryan :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
And the BBC Marvin Suit was merely a cameo. The new suit (which makes me wanna cry each time I see it because it is so terrable) was, in fact, also a JHC creation, I believe.
Hmmm... I never seen the series, and I'm surprised they don't release it on DVD stateside for the movie release (Movies usually bring out tons of DVD releases, i.e. Fat Albert, Garfield, Starsky and Hutch).

The new suit did look a bit like GIR from Invaider Zim (only manic depressive).