New movies coming out...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't like what they did at all with Space Jam, but when Bugs and Daffy are in Mike's house I liked that scene...before he shows up. The animation looked good.

I'm slightly excited about Back in Action and I hope it works out okay and doesn't become too stupid. I want it to be about the characters and not Frasier and Elfman.

This is on our MSCA site (www.midsouthcartoonists.com):
http://www2.warnerbros.com/looneytunesbackinaction/index.html They have photos on there.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Broither Bear also looks great, and I may/maynot see it tommorrow depending on what happend.
Saw, Brother Bear, and all I can say is, "eh". There are some really funny parts in it, and I really loved the moose, but you could see all the major plot points comiong from a million miles away. Plus, it felt like a bunch of old Disney movies all squished together: Sometimes it made me think of Lion King, sometimes of Pocahontas, sometimes of Emperor's New Groove. (Also a little bit of Tarza, but that may have been the Phil Collins music more than anything.) In other words, it wasn't all that creative. It's an enjoyable movie, but don't go expecting a particularly innovative film, whether in story or animation, because you'll likely end up disappointed.

jediX

Reaction score
You'd have to pay me to get me in the theater to see anything Matrix-related. Yes I know I'm committing a sci-fi blasphemy, but oh well. Although I have to admit the game was slightly interesting.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
No ... sci-fi blasphemy would be saying, "You'd have to pay me to get me in the theater to see anything Star Trek or Star Wars related." :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
Roger Ebert gave Matrix Revolutions three stars, so I may give up $9 to go and see it. He and Roeper are the only two critics whose reviews I really care about.
Well ... and maybe Leonard Maltin :smile:
He's his -- Ebert's -- review:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-matrix05.html
i never trust critics. ebert has liked movies to where i didn't like and vice versa. i guess it all has to do with the taste in flims. by the way, i heard matrix revolutions is worse than the 2nd one, or that is slightly better than the 2nd one, but not by much. anyways, i'm not going to see it and i didn't see the 2nd one and my dad bought it on dvd a few weeks ago. i saw the first one when it came out in theaters back in 98, but i didn't like and i wasn't going to waste my money or my time in seeing the other 2.

but i did go see elf today, and i thought that was really good. i thought it would be kind of cheesy with a few laughs thrown in but it was really good. it felt like a true christmas movie. so if anyone wants to see it, then i'd recommend it.

ryan

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I really want to see "Elf." I love Will Ferrell, and the movie looks really cute. :smile:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
It's good to see one of the few great SNL alum making good movies instead of the perpetual trash SNL skit spinoff films (although I do like "Roxbury").

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
jediX said:
It's good to see one of the few great SNL alum making good movies instead of the perpetual trash SNL skit spinoff films (although I do like "Roxbury").
the only other two people from snl that are making good movies are mike myers and adam sandler, although adam sandler movies tend to be pretty much the same. but they're still funny..

ryan

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I'm planning on seeing it anyway.

As for Ebert, I agree with him about 99% of the time. Rarely ever do I hate a movie that he loved or love a film that he gave a negative review to. Take For Love of the Game. He gave the movie a negative review, while I absolutely love it and think the film is one of Kevin Costner's all-time best.

But one main reason I like Ebert is because he appreciates movies for what they are, for their beauty and majesty and meaning. Unfortunately, I don't think most audiences today are on that level. These are the people who don't like Emperor's New Groove because it fails to live up to Lion King-esque expectations; or those who hate Thirteen Days for the simple fact that all the accents are terrible. It's like, "Does physical acting ability not take prescident anymore?"

In simpler terms, moviegoers today are too spoiled.