New movies coming out...

jediX

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
the only other two people from snl that are making good movies are mike myers and adam sandler, although adam sandler movies tend to be pretty much the same. but they're still funny..

ryan
Hence why I used "few". Steve Martin has made a handful of good ones (ie Bowfinger) and with Mike Myers, well, yea. I can't think of a bad movie he ever made (even though I never much liked Waynes World). Myers' flicks are better than Carvey's anyway, although I like them both.

Farrel carried snl for the time he was on it and now that he's gone the show is crashing.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
jediX said:
Steve Martin has made a handful of good ones
steve martin was never part of the snl cast, although he was on numerous times on the show.

i saw the preview to shrek 2 yesterday when i saw elf.....it looks okay, but i doubt i'll be seeing it in the theater.

ryan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Trekkie1701E,

I haven't trusted Roger Ebert's reviews since I read his review of The Great Muppet Caper. Along with The Muppet Movie, TGMC is my favorite, and he gave it a thumbs down, and an absolutely horrible review. And somehow, The Muppets Take Manhattan is his favorite of the original three.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
it really has to do with the type of movies ebert likes. there are some movies to which i've seen and i didn't like but he gave the movies a good reviewer, and others that he didn't like that i liked. it's really just about what you like to see and if the movie actually is good or not. but i never trust critics.

ryan

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey--I just saw "Elf" less than an hour ago (ok, well it ended less than an hour ago), and I think a lot of you will really like it. Very funny, and very sweet. Just be sure to avoid sitting in front of annoying people who want to crack dumb and offensive jokes throughout the whole film, and you'll do just fine. :mad:

Other than that, though, the movie was really a good time. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool. I've been hearing a lot of good things about "Elf." Even the NPR guy liked it. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
steve martin was never part of the snl cast, although he was on numerous times on the show.

i saw the preview to shrek 2 yesterday when i saw elf.....it looks okay, but i doubt i'll be seeing it in the theater.

ryan
That's funny, I watched a preview of it from the Internet yesterday, and I cant WAIT to see it is the Cimamas.

You can download it from www.Shrek2.com

It isa trully amazing, and the animation is too good to be true, just look at the Prince's cape if you doubt me.

Actually, is the reason you don't want to see it because of the fact tha the story line dosn't look too good? Well, I have read a review of the storyline and to me, then, the trailer looks amzing.

I think I posted the story line somewhere further back on this thread.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw Brother Bear and it was quite good. I didn't like it as much as I liked Emperor's New Groove,but much better than I liked Atlantis (I liked Atlantis, personally, but it wasn't the best film)

I like how it was very comedy oriented and there was no Male/ Female love interrest (which bogged down all the films after the Lion King). I felt it was much better than last year's crappy offereing of Treasure planet. The Moose were the best part too...

But the films that previewed with it...

Cheaper by the Dozen... it's basically Daddy Day Care with Steve Martin in Eddie Murphy's role... gag!!! How do these films get made? There should be a law against them or something...