New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yeah, I like the whole brotherly love thing. I don't know, the movie just really appeals to me. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.
Erin

It's pretty good. If you ask me, they did native american legend mucch better here than in that movie Pocahauntus... my absolute least favorite movie of all time.

Haunted house annoys me every time I see the previews, be it in theaters or on TV. I can't wait till it comes out... mainly because they won't advertise it as much. Don't get me wrong, I love Eddie Murphy, but movies like this don't exactly help his career. I mean, wneh he's Donkey in Shrek or everyone in Nutty Professor, that's great stuff. But when he's Daddy Day care and Dr. Doolittle one and two... yuck!!! I miss his edgier stuff like Trading Places or Beverly Hills Cop... these cornball family flicks are really a blemish on his career.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I may check to see if Pirates is at the local Dollar Theater here, too. Good idea! It's coming to video soon, so it should be there by now.

I think Haunted House will be at least fun...but, I'm not putting much expectation into it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pirates I've seen at a second run theater. It's pretty good,if not corny. Probably plays better on video. But Haunted house.... glahhhrg... I mean if it were anyone BUT Eddie Murphy (Bernie Mac Maybe) it could forseeably work, but other than that? Meh!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's pretty good. If you ask me, they did native american legend mucch better here than in that movie Pocahauntus... my absolute least favorite movie of all time.

Haunted house annoys me every time I see the previews, be it in theaters or on TV. I can't wait till it comes out... mainly because they won't advertise it as much. Don't get me wrong, I love Eddie Murphy, but movies like this don't exactly help his career. I mean, wneh he's Donkey in Shrek or everyone in Nutty Professor, that's great stuff. But when he's Daddy Day care and Dr. Doolittle one and two... yuck!!! I miss his edgier stuff like Trading Places or Beverly Hills Cop... these cornball family flicks are really a blemish on his career.
Did you actually see Daddy Day Care? It was actually better than Steve Martin's Bringing Down the House of the same year. I mean, I do love his edgy stuff, but Dr. Doolittle and DDC aren't all that bad (didn't much care for DD2, but...).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I may check to see if Pirates is at the local Dollar Theater here, too. Good idea! It's coming to video soon, so it should be there by now.

I think Haunted House will be at least fun...but, I'm not putting much expectation into it.
I was gonna see "Pirates" at the dollar theater today after work, then I realized it wasn't open till like 5... :grouchy:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:

I actually liked "Pocahontas" a lot, but it seems like I'm the only one. :frown: I loved the whole natural scenery and the music (the "Colors of the Wind" sequence was especially cool, I thought, though not as cool as "Circle of Life"), and the supplementary characters were a hoot (Meeko :big_grin:, Percy, and Wiggins mainly). My brother and I like imitating Ratcliffe's uber-irritating "WIGGINS!!!!! Dispose of this...." when we have something we want taken off our hands. So, yeah, I liked it. But I'm hoping I like "Brother Bear" just as much!

I like Eddie Murphy a lot. He was hilarious in "Shrek," and I like those old movies of his they're always showing on TBS, like "Trading Places" and "Coming to America." I tend to like the cornball stuff, actually. I just saw "Beverly Hills Cop" the other night and I couldn't get into it at all... :frown:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
I especially liked his work in Bowfinger... he did awesome with Jiff.

Anyway, is it just me, or does this new movie w/ Russel Crowe look like an attempt at capitalizing off the success of "Pirates"?

And speaking of Disney ride movies, what's next? "Hall of Presidents: The Motion Picture" or even the most chilling thought I've had in quite a while "It's A Small Small World -- The Movie". :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... I hate raucaus comedies about little kids running wild... but Daddy Day care and Dr. Doolittle (allong with Haunted House) are pretty much splotches on his career...

DDC I wouldn't see if you paid me. I've heard terrible stuff about it.

Eddie's the man, but these films he's in are bad, not him. A lot of great screen plays in hollywood get thrown away, while these things can be slapped together on a hollywood Hack's laptop...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
DDC I wouldn't see if you paid me. I've heard terrible stuff about it.
It's really not as bad as everyone has said. Deffenitely not his best work, but not too bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not seeing it, not because of hearsay (I never listen to hearsay... I choose what I want to see) but rather I hate the preview. The film itself looks like a cheasy sitcom episode stretched out to a full 90 minutes...

They really should rerelease Trading Places to theaters... The only NON-Muppet film that has both Frank Oz and Richard Hunt!