New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
here's something interesting, pirates of the caribbean is rated pg-13, the first walt disney movie ever to have this rating. all other disney movies are either g or pg.

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Hulk. It's not "incredible" but it is a very good movie. I was expecting a similar pacing and style to Spiderman (I enjoyed that film too) but it was entirely different. I'd hate to say it, but as much as I enjoy Bana, the character has more personality as the Hulk. At least in the close ups. Very impressive. Those who are calling the character "Gumby on steroids" are only doing so because it sounds humorous (New York Times critics). The character looks nothing of the sort. There's much in this film to enjoy. It's a character driven film with special effects. The effects do not drive the plot. I appreciate that, although I wish it had moved faster at the beginning.

Overall I'd give it a solid B. Worth seeing in the theater - at least as a matinee. Don't bring the kids under 10. They'll just squirm through the first half our and annoy everybody (in my experience). It's not as good as Spiderman in my opinion, but once you see it you'll understand that it really is apples and oranges here. :smile:

CraigD

Reaction score
Well Hulk opens here in Oz on Thursday, so I'll be checking it out then. I'm looking forward to it. I have to admit I hope it's a lot better than Spider-man because that was one comic book adaption I was disappointed by. It wasn't bad, but incredibly overrated. It had nothing on the X-Men films.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Don't bring the kids under 10.
Okay, you just reminded me of something that cracked me up at the theater.

When Banner turns into the Hulk and the 'monster' screams/roars, in a close-up of his face, it's kinda bothersome I suppose because down front this 4 or 5 year old kid SCREAMED at the top of their lungs and was crying and shouting, "NO! MOMMY!! NO!!"

They left. The theater was roaring! :stick_out_tongue: :zany: :crazy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
It's a character driven film with special effects. The effects do not drive the plot. I appreciate that, although I wish it had moved faster at the beginning.
:smile:
I actually LIKED the fact that it didn't move very fast toward the beginning. I'm not sure why. Except you're right, every kid in the audience (and about half the adults in the audience, especially that one guy who sat behind me!!! DARGH! I'll wait 'til after everyone on here has seen it to tell that story...) were squirming around in their seats waiting for the Hulk to pop up. I was very glad he didn't pop up immediately.

As far as liking Spiderman over Hulk, I'm not sure which I prefer. There's different aspects to each that I prefer (for one, I prefered the Spiderman special effects), but, it's hard for me to choose which one was better.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I liked Spider-Man better. In the form of 'super heroes' he makes more sense to me than the Hulk.

Why?

I'll tell you (bet you didn't guess that, huh). My problem with the Hulk has always been that the angrier he gets, or more stressed he gets, he gets bigger and bigger and bigger, he is unpunishable!! But, his pants always change color to become purple, and no matter how big he gets his pants always fits him. He can be 20 feet high and still wearing a pair of 36 pants! I can't see why HIS power would cause the clothes to grow, too.

As a matter of fact, this equals a problem I have with several superheroes.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
As a matter of fact, this equals a problem I have with several superheroes.
i don't think batman has had that problem.....

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sure at some point Batman has been too big for his britches!

:embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Spandex! LOL! And the pants and boxers he's always wearing are conveniently always purple in the film. The dude likes purple. Who doesn’t own a pair of purple pants? Although there is a point where he loses his shorts! :eek: