New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
Today Show Appearance?

Does anyone know if/when she appears on the Today Show today?

aaronmojo

Reaction score
This smacks of "trying too hard." I think it's pretty apparent that kids are not gonna like what you tell them to like (witness all the parents who detest Barney the dinosaur -- and all the kids who love him). Sometimes it's possible to overthink something...

Besides -- I never knew any girls who grew up frustrated that there were no girl Muppets on Sesame Street. Not that I object to a girl Muppet! I just object to trying to shoehorn someone into the show. Especially something so self-consciously "cute."

It reminds me of back when I worked in a bookstore. A woman came in looking for a book for her daughter. "My daughter likes books about strong, independent women! Not stories about princesses or little boys!" The woman's daughter toddled up to the counter, in her diaper, gnawing on a board book about ducks or fish or something! "Lady, your daughter doesn't even know what to DO with the books, let ALONE understand the personal motivations of the protagonists... Does she like ketchup on her books about positive role models?"

Erine81981

Reaction score
When are we going to get another boy/guy character? All we've gotten in the last few years are girl/woman characters. We want a new boy monster or new boy or guy anything muppet. We older people would love to see newer guy characters or boy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I personally don't mind that they're adding another female character, I'm just a little disapointed that they're trying so hard to make her prissy and all that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This reminds of that thread I did a long time ago about how it seems like female muppets (particularly monsters) never seem to last very long on Sesame Street. Apparently, they have high hopes about Abby Cadabby...we'll just have to wait and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If ya don't like her, something tells me she's gonna flop like all the other female monsters outside of ZOe and Rosita. They haven't had success besides those two, I doubt Abby Kadabby will work out that well.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Welcome to the muppets Abby Cadabby. But I agree with you all. I just hope that she doesn't take over like Elmo did. I don't have nothing against Elmo but i sure wish all things sesame street didn't revolve around him.