1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by gfarkwort, Aug 6, 2006.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Question: if they made such a big deal about Abby Cadabby being a new part of Sesame Street, then we haven't seen her since her debut? If she's supposed to be a new character that they have high hopes for, then shouldn't she be on alot like Elmo, Zoe, Baby Bear, and Telly?
  2. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

What about her?

Convincing John
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You talking about Grizzy, CJ?

Snowth... Abby was in the premiere episode 4109, and in the next one 4110, where she had her first day at Storybook Community School.
    As for her big hype/little airtime so far... Blame it on da' hype machine.
    Remember last year's big hysteric reaction to all the media outlets touting Cookie Monster's behavorial reform?
    Well... *Gilligan music. Little buddy, you've done it again!

Give it time, I'm actually fine with how they've used Abby so far. Besides, there's still a lot of Season 37 left, only a fifth of it's over.
  4. D'Snowth

Well, I wasn't able to see that one, so sorry for the confusion.
  5. The Count

No worries, didn't see it either. Looking forward to the repeats though.
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

No, Ed. He was referring to Grungetta, who I also think should be used more too.
  7. The Count

Oh, OK. Thanks Bry.
  8. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Grizzy.

The link I had goes to Grundgetta, though. She's been around for quite a while.

Convincing John
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I meant to say thats what I thougt too.
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

She's in three episodes this season. SO I think the going to do this like curly bear where the make a big noise about her that season, but she only ended up on three episodes at the end, which were about her birth,

So I think ther going to rerun her a lot so kids will get a chance to see her.
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I would love to see a new grouch character. That would be cool. Or I did love Oscar niece Irvine. I just love her character. Marty Robinson is still around. Why not use her too.
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Doesn't Marty Taly for slimey.
  13. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

Nevermind, should have read all the posts.
  14. D'Snowth

Count said two: her debut episode, and her going to school episode. So what's the third one?
  15. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

So I have very little chance of seeing her as I can only catch it here and there, there's no regularity and when school starts I won't be able to catch it at all. Darn.
  16. D'Snowth

Boy all you guys are lucky, I started school three weeks ago!
  17. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

I read somewhere she would have a supporting role in another episode. I think it makes no sense for all this publicity and so few appearances. Having Irvine back would be wonderful. I love any Marty Robinson character, especially a grouchy baby.
  18. The Count

Then I guess you guys were thrilled to get Marty voicing the Bus Driver in 4116?

Snowth... Episodes 4109 (Debut) and 4110 (First Day at Storybook Community School) are the only two episodes where Abby appeared prominently that I know of. It's possible that she may appear in more episodes, as it's possible she may not appear in any other episodes. At this point, all we can do is keep watching and spot her should she appear once again.
    Hope this helps.
  19. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

Don't forget Marty also was Old McDonald in 4116. :) Now I'm trying to figure out who the Elmo's World Doctors were.
  20. PaulaRae

PaulaRae New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member, and have read all your postings - I am in Australia, so I haven't seen the episodes with Abby in them yet (I think we're up to episode 4084 or something like that). I am doing a research project at university on the history of female muppet characters in Sesame Street, instigated by the introduction of Abby. I'm interested in the different ways they've constructed femininity over the years eg. looking at the introduction of Zoe 13 years ago, they didn't want her to come across as a cutesy cutesy girly girl, whereas that's exactly what they want in Abby.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I could get my hands on a copy of the episodes with Abby in them? I have seen the press clips that are available on the Sesame Workshop website, and that's it. Is there any way of watching it on the net?