New Muppet Abby Cadabby heads to the Street

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Actually, you did...

And all I am saying is don't decide that she is going to flop or be annoying like Elmo before you actually see her for yourself to make your own opinion. I am just giving you the tip not to just assume based on what a few people might say. Besides, if you are going by what the media is saying, I haven't heard one bad thing about her through the media yet. So please, no need to tell me to "calm down" I was just offering a friendly word of advice.
I did not say that the media said anything bad about her. Or that anyone has said anything bad about her.
"Annoying like Elmo" is a taste thing. Some people love that stuff. It is neither good nor bad. What I was trying to say is she is not going to be a middle character. She will either soar high or flop. I am making a prediction of how the muppet willl do.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Cherrymoon said:
(Are little girls going around teasing and beating up boys in the States?)
No, they're teasing and beating up each other. Unfortunately, some of them never seem to grow out of it.

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
Can we please keep in mind we are adults trying to judge a show written for children who don't completely know the alphabet and are learning to count? These are very young children. They made Abby to try to acknowledge every type of person. This is hard to do; I mean I don't expect a gay character on Sesame Street for a long time...if the show lasts that long. They feel they have left out a basic group: the girly girl, and are trying to compensate for that as well as introduce a new character that may feel that she doesn't fit in. There are of course characters that don't fit in already, but you can only retell the same story so many times. Just my two cents. I'll admit I watch it for the puppetry but I felt like people were losing site of the real mission.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Ventrilotwist said:
Can we please keep in mind we are adults trying to judge a show written for children who don't completely know the alphabet and are learning to count? These are very young children. They made Abby to try to acknowledge every type of person. This is hard to do; I mean I don't expect a gay character on Sesame Street for a long time...if the show lasts that long. They feel they have left out a basic group: the girly girl, and are trying to compensate for that as well as introduce a new character that may feel that she doesn't fit in. There are of course characters that don't fit in already, but you can only retell the same story so many times. Just my two cents. I'll admit I watch it for the puppetry but I felt like people were losing site of the real mission.
EXACTLY, everyone is making judgements but at the end of the day, its for the pre-schoolers to decide, not us.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think Abby is a brilliant addition and I hope she sticks around for a while.

zoeabbycadabbym

Reaction score
Hello! I am a brand new member of this forum, and I found it because I was looking for information on Abby Cadabby.

There is no way that I can tell you how thrilled my family is that Abby Cadabby has come to Sesame Street. I have two beautiful and wonderful daughters, Zoe and Abby (always called Abby Cadabby, and she's 5, and we thought we made it up). Ever since she was old enough to watch Sesame Street, our Abby has been very hurt that there was a Zoe on the Street but no Abby.

What's more, my Abby truly believes that she is a fairy, and she loves the colors pink and purple.

Since Abby Cadabby got to the Street this week, we have already watched her about 30 times.

Here are my questions: Will they have Abby Cadabby at Sesame Place? And will they have Halloween costumes, merchandise, etc.? My Abby is already cleaning her room in anticipation of getting an Abby Cadabby doll.

Thanks for any info you might have!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If I were a kid I would like her better--she will have to grow on me some more, like Zoe did. I trust she will, though. She's cute! I still wonder why the producers want to create someone new rather than bringing Prairie Dawn or even Betty Lou back into the spotlight. Or, with Zoe and Rosita why they won't just do more with her.

There's just so many classic characters we're missing that could come forth again.

Still, Abby, welcome to the Street and I look forward to seeing more!

DTWolf

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I still wonder why the producers want to create someone new rather than bringing Prairie Dawn or even Betty Lou back into the spotlight.
I wish they'd focus on Prairie too, but again, the show is now geared toward a younger audience than it used to be. They want characters the younger kids will relate to, which in their minds means three- and four-year-old characters. Prairie's just too darn old, they reason, to captivate their target audience. (She's supposed to be a precocious seven-year-old.)

Of course that doesn't explain using Abby over Zoe. . . .