New Muppet CD- Canada

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
HMV sucks for sure! Not only are their prices a little too high, they aren't selling the Muppet Cd! Yeah I cashed my card in awhile ago to and never went back. I will look into my local A&B sound here and see if they have it. Hoping if they don't that they'll order it for me.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
so anyone manage to get this yesterday??? I wanna know! Gotta go hunting tomorrow! :smile:

Lu775

Reaction score
The quest continues...

Ok, I was down by the Eaton Center yesterday (Sears center, oh whatever, you know what I mean) and I checked Sam's and Sunrise records for the new CD....no luck
Sam's had no clue, and Sunrise didn't have it, but the clerk I asked about it thought it sounded cool and was going to ask the manager if they could get it in.
I checked Future shop too, but the one downtown doesn't stock CDs.
Arg. The quest continues.

(also, just a side note, none of these places had any Bear in the Big Blue House CDs either, including HMV. I was curious, so I checked it out. I wish Henson would find a better distributor.)

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Ya, I wish they had a better distributor as well. This CD is on Rhino records (the only Muppet/Henson thing on that label, I believe) and therefore the CD has to be imported from the US (it is the same label that the Simpsons CD's are on).

I notice the same problem with the ColumbiaTriStar DVD's. They probably don't press the Muppet DVD's in Canada and therefore they have to be imported, too. I guess places like HMV figure they can't sell enough CD's or DVD's to make it that worthwhile. Or, they get very few copies and sell them for a lot of $$$.

Well, that's my 2 cents, if anyone cares!

Mark

GPrime1

Reaction score
Looks like it's a no go. I couldn't find a single store that stocked it, and Future Shop's stock lists for the next month don't show any sign o' the Muppets. The only place I haven't tried is Virgin Records (Vancouver), but I'll probably stop in there on Sunday. Looks like if anyone up north here who wants the disc will probably have to order it online. The same thing happened with Rhino's Transformers box set, I don't think it showed up in selected stores in Vancouver until 2 or 3 months after its release in the States.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Hey guys! Have any of you tried A&B sound? I actually haven't had a chance to go out looking for the CD yet, at least not until this weekend. How about ordering it through Chapters?

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by GPrime1
Looks like it's a no go. I couldn't find a single store that stocked it, and Future Shop's stock lists for the next month don't show any sign o' the Muppets. The only place I haven't tried is Virgin Records (Vancouver), but I'll probably stop in there on Sunday. Looks like if anyone up north here who wants the disc will probably have to order it online. The same thing happened with Rhino's Transformers box set, I don't think it showed up in selected stores in Vancouver until 2 or 3 months after its release in the States.
Well, that's because it takes so long to translate everything into French
:wink:

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
FutureShop.ca says that the CD is "out of stock" which probably means that they didn't ever have it. I'm confident that they will get it in stock, though. The price is $20.99CDN.

CDPlus.com has it for $17.49CDN and lists it as in stock and that it ships in 24 hours. I've had problems ordering from them. I ordered a DVD that listed in stock, but never shipped. Irritated me and I won't buy from them again, but if anyone else wants to give it a try...

Amazon.ca has it for $22.02CDN and lists that is usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks - which means it likely comes from their US counterpart.

Mark