New Muppet CD- Canada

GPrime1

Reaction score
I haven't seen the CD around, and I don't really think we'll see it anytime soon. As I mentioned before, when Rhino released the Transformers box set it didn't seem to reach stores until months after its American release. Additionally, the box set never reached stores like Future Shop and A&B Sound, and only showed up at HMV and Virgin Records under their "import" selection and in limited quantities. So I guess if you want the disc fast, might as well make a run for the border and see what you can find in the States, or as mentioned above, order through Amazon or CDNOW. One little tip for Vancouverites tho', I was at Golden Age Collectibles on Granville this week and saw a bunch of Kermit ceramic mugs from Applause (running at $23.99 a pop). The mugs look awesome, what else can I say? Has anyone else seen these elsewhere, perhaps for cheaper??

GPrime1

Reaction score
Speaking of being translated into French, anyone here ever resort to having to watch Fraggle Rock in French when CBC stopped playing it in English way back when??

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
hehe..I saw french fraggles a couple of times...the voice actors were really spooky though, so I couldn't take it...

I've seen the ceramic mugs here at the IT store for a little cheaper than that, but then the IT store went out of business...the ones that I saw weren't that good though, anyway...like, they were okay, but not GREAT...

as for the CD...well, I guess I'll give up on it fo rthe time being, and see if someone can find it or order it for me for, like Christmas or something instead...

Lu775

Reaction score
Stryder, the "it store" went out of business? I'm sure there's still one in Yorkdale mall.... isn't there? (It was at the same end as the HMV, closer to the food court) altough... I haven't been to the mall in ages, so who knows how many stores have changed.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
well, the one at Scarborough town centre did...and I beleive that the one up at my parents mall in peterboro is gone too...um...but yeah, they are probably still around, just not in my area anymore...I dont' know for sure that the entire franchise is dead, just that they cut out some stores...

Lu775

Reaction score
That's too bad. I mean, where else can one go for dirty cards, oversized key chains and cartoony t-shirts.... hmmmm, I guess I can see why they closed.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
I'll looked in at a few stores here in my end of Canada.
No one had the Muppet CD. Sad really... I think I'll resort to getting it online.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lu775
That's too bad. I mean, where else can one go for dirty cards, oversized key chains and cartoony t-shirts.... hmmmm, I guess I can see why they closed.
:big_grin: yeah well..

of course, I'll always remember them as the place I got my kermit and animal t-shirts, as well as a couple of transformers shirts on clearance when they were closing down....

hmmm...CD online...maybe....have to wait a month though until I have more $$$

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
Just a heads up people. I saw the CD in MusicWorld in Barrie, ON today. It was $24.99 and filed under Muppets in the Soundtrack section. Someone had written "Children's" on the back, so check there if you can't find it under Soundtrack.

Of course, I spot it one day after I won a copy here!

Mark

GPrime1

Reaction score
Another heads up for everyone on the west coast! I went to A&B Sound today and found ONE copy of the Muppet CD, tucked nicely away in the soundtrack section under 'M'. Not too much fanfare for this release huh? Anyway, if there's an A&B Sound in your area, be worth checking out (I already nabbed the one in Coquitlam, sorry...).