New Muppet CD coming for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrummerMan

Reaction score
I'm worried

Is anyone else worried how this is going to turn out? I mean, other than Kermit's tunes, Pepe's tune, and the one song with Rizzo and Gonzo, we're looking at an audio recording that could feature new voice actors for every other character. I agree with previous statements that Bill has done a good job with Rowlf, and I will add that Eric has done a good job with Piggy and Fozzie, but I'm worried about the rest, especially if Jerry wasn't brough back to do Floyd. I don't want a Muppet album where I have to look at the liner notes to see which character I'm supposed to be listening to. I LOVE the Electric Mayhem, and it'll kill me if they don't sound like the Electric Mayhem. I also worry a lot about Statler and Waldorf, as we've seen what can happen to them, vocally, on Movies.com. I guess I jsut don't know if an audio recording is the best idea with the Muppet performers in a state of flux.

All that being said, if they do a good job, I'll buy it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do we even know that the Muppets will be performed by their current main performers, as opposed to substitue performers? I hope not, at least for this album. If a character is going to have an alternate performer, it should be for a visual performance, not an audio-only performance.

It is interesting that this album features Miss Piggy singing Santa Baby, like in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. Wouldn't it have been great if Everyone Matters was included, too?

Drtooth

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do we even know that the Muppets will be performed by their current main performers, as opposed to substitue performers? I hope not, at least for this album. If a character is going to have an alternate performer, it should be for a visual performance, not an audio-only performance.
I hope we can find this out shortly... especially since it's the only new Muppet project.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
In all honesty, I'm still getting used to Steve's Kermit, I understand it's been over 15 years. The thing I like about Steve though is he has a spectacular singing voice and for that I'm excited about the album. Bill B. IMHO has :big_grin: down cold. I don't know if I could tell his Dr. Teeth from Jim's in a sound test and his Rowlf is very close too. Eric's Piggy and Animal is so good, I didn't know he took them over from Frank until I read about it. His Fozzie is very close too, it just sounds more nervous then Frank's I guess. I too am curious about Jerry's charaters. It would be weird if the only original voiced EM member would be :cool: though. I'm sure we'll find a casting list soon I hope. As of this post, IMDB doesn't have anything under any of the Muppeteers soundtrack listings yet.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Album Cast List

I was as curious as you guys, so I'm happy to share this confirmed cast list:

Steve Whitmire as Kermit, Rizzo & Statler
Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Waldorf & Zoot
Bill Barretta as Pepe, Dr. Teeth, Rowlf & The Swedish Chef
Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy, Fozzie & Animal
John Kennedy as Floyd

That's the entire cast; Janice isn't on the album.

Kynan
One Muppet, One Voice
www.savethemuppets.com

BEAR

Reaction score
Nice! One more item for my birthday/Christmas list too, Ed! Wow! So many wonderfully Muppety things coming out this Fall. We got season 2 of Fraggle Rock, then Kevin Clash's book, and soon we will be getting the Sesame Street old school set (seasons 1-5), Sesame Street Christmas Carol, and now this Muppet Christmas cd! Yippeee!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
This looks very very awesome, I'm soooo excited about it! :big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kynan Barker said:
John Kennedy as Floyd
*sigh* Oh well, in all fairness I haven't yet heard John's Floyd (at least I don't think I have) so I can't comment, but I'll still be getting the album anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.