New Muppet CD coming for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it's weird that Janice won't be vocal on this album, but Zoot will. Then again, maybe Tyler Bunch couldn't be available for recording of the album, and Disney actually does not want to have alternate performers (outside of From the Balcony and theme park attractions). It's also sad that Scooter isn't on the album. Rickey Boyd did such a good job in The Muppets Wizard of Oz, and it's a shame that he still hasn't performed Scooter again (though Ricky Boyd isn't on this album either. Maybe it's an availability issue).

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
and Disney actually does not want to have alternate performers (outside of From the Balcony and theme park attractions).QUOTE]

ha!.... try tellin' that to *Kynan*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
minor muppetz said:
and Disney actually does not want to have alternate performers (outside of From the Balcony and theme park attractions).QUOTE]

ha!.... try tellin' that to *Kynan*
I wasn't actually saying that as a fact, just speculation. Disney did audition new puppeteers for the purpose of having alternate performers if the main performers weren't available (and if the production wasn't considered major enough to be worth casting the main performers). Of course, it's been a year, and aside from From the Balcony, I haven't really heard much about characters having different performers. So far since then, Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, and Gonzo have all only had one performer performing their voices (of course, I think some of those characters haven't been used in anything new all year). Steve Whitmire is still the only performer besides Jim Henson who has performed Kermit's voice.

Bein Green

Reaction score
Ahh Muppets and Christmas

I have always loved the combination of the Muppets and Christmas. They go so well together, stemming back to the John Denver special! I will for sure pick this up for this coming Holiday!:zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
*sigh* Oh well, in all fairness I haven't yet heard John's Floyd (at least I don't think I have) so I can't comment, but I'll still be getting the album anyway.
Wasn't he in the DVD release of MWoO?

Sad about Janice...though I'm also glad about Janice...in a strange sort of sad/glad way...

Sorry, ignore me...*wonders off again*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Johnny Fiama not singing on the album has anything to do with Brian Henson not performing on the album? Perhaps Henson wasn't available for the recording of this album, and the folks at Disney didn't want Johnny Fiama to appear without Sal.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Sad about Janice...though I'm also glad about Janice...in a strange sort of sad/glad way...
I know what you mean, it's sad she won't be there, but on the other hand, it wouldn't be the same if someone else was doing it.

The CD's a nice idea, we'll see how it goes!

MWoO

Reaction score
Janice isn't part of every EM song so I'm ok with not having the character on the album. I'm just glad it's mostly the main guys doing the album. Too bad Jerry Nelson won't be doing Floyd though. Would have liked him to perform Floyd again if only one more time, but he does have health issues so I'm not upset over it, just saddened. john did do a decent Floyd and it will be interesting to hear him sing as Floyd. I just hope they all actualy sing and it's not another tease where we hear one or two words.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Janice isn't part of every EM song so I'm ok with not having the character on the album.
Well, she was on a lot of songs, though she didn't really sing much when the band did numbers. I am sure that if the booklet has a photo of the band that Janice will probably be in the photo. It would be super great if Lips was also in such a photo, and if the Electric Mayhem numbers all featured prominent trumpet solos. I'm not too surprised that Lips isn't speaking on thsi album. He hardly ever spoke, and to suddenly give such an obscure and rarely-heard character lines on an album would be strange. It would be weirder if Lips spoke or sung on this album but Janice didn't than it is that Zoot has a speaking/ singign part and Janice doesn't.

MWoO said:
I just hope they all actualy sing and it's not another tease where we hear one or two words.
I'm sure that they will sing. One of the three Electric Mayhem songs is specifically credited to have Floyd, Dr. Teeth (or was it Animal? I can't remember), and Zoot. If they weren't singing much, then they would have probably been listed as just The Electric Mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.