New Muppet CD coming for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I am sure that if the booklet has a photo of the band that Janice will probably be in the photo.
I hope so :flirt:

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm sure that they will sing. One of the three Electric Mayhem songs is specifically credited to have Floyd, Dr. Teeth (or was it Animal? I can't remember), and Zoot. If they weren't singing much, then they would have probably been listed as just The Electric Mayhem.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. Though I doubt they would bring in John Kennedy to do Floyd is Floyd didn't have a significant part. Wonder if they'll do music videos for the disney channel to go with it like they did with that pther CD with Kermit doing Kokomo and ANimal doing Whipe Out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Wonder if they'll do music videos for the disney channel to go with it like they did with that pther CD with Kermit doing Kokomo and ANimal doing Whipe Out.
Wouldn't it be cool if this was a dual-layer disc, like the recent "Weird Al" Yankovic release Straight Outta Lynnwood, and featured a few music videos on the DVD side?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah that would be cool, the dual-layer disc is starting to become mroe popular (though it's more expensive obviously). I've seen a few artists use it. I think it's great idea, combing as much media as possible to get the full experience!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
heralde said:
Yeah that would be cool, the dual-layer disc is starting to become mroe popular (though it's more expensive obviously). I've seen a few artists use it. I think it's great idea, combing as much media as possible to get the full experience!
It would be cool if Sesame Workshop put out a dual-layer Sesame Street album, featuring the televised versiosn of the songs included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I just hope they all actualy sing and it's not another tease where we hear one or two words.
Another thing to think about: Although The Muppet Christmas Carol and The Muppets Wizard of Oz soundtracks had instrumental tracks credited to The Electric Mayhem (Naptime only had a few words in the movie version, and was all instrumental in the soundtrack), those were soudntracks to visual productions. As far as I know, this is just a stand-alone album, not a soundtrack of any kind (though it would be cool if there was a companion TV special... maybe if the cancled Kermit's Christmas Capers got produced this year with the title "A Green and Red Christmas"). If the tracks for a stand-alone album were completely instrumental, then wouldn't they be listed as "instrumental" as opposed to listing performers? What would the point be?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well- I just saw the news today and I thought I'd say that I think it is just plain TOTALLY AWESOME that The Muppets are bringing out the "A Green and Red Christmas" album!!! WOO HOO!!!! I love Christmas! And I love the Muppets! Together, it's a dynamite combination! (Though- since I also and foremost love Christ!- it would have been nice to see some actual Christmas carols included- like "Joy to the World", "Away in a Manger", "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", "Silent Night" (they've done this one before at least), "The First Noel" and tons others.
But I love a lot of the secular sentimental Christmas songs like "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year", so I'm happy to see those on there. And it's always cool to hear some brand new Muppet Christmas songs! I can't wait! Christmas is coming- and some of the soundtrack is getting here in October! Yes!:smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm curious as to how the cd will turn out and if some of the characters sound like their old selves like Dr. Teeth, Floyd. etc.

Janice not singing? Bummer.........

Status
Not open for further replies.