1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet CD Title and Track List

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's some big news we got from Rhino Records. The working title for the new CD is "The Muppets 25th Anniversary Celebration: Who Let the Frogs Out" and the disc will feature 27 songs from The Muppet Show and all six Muppet films. It's slated to be released on September 17, 2002.

Read all the details here...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/072702.shtml
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

If they want "I'm Going To Go Back There Someday" on there, why didn't they just use the version from The Muppet Movie?

(I know they're probably needed something from MFS, but geez)
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Wow!:eek:

27 songs on 1 CD !, It can't be true????

I can't wait.

I wonder will the Muppets make a special 25th anni. reprise of the opening theme?

Does anyone know, there's going to be new albums???

Later

MuppetDanny
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

This is great news - i'm genuinely very excited about this one. Obviously it's a mix of stuff we've seen before, but what a great compilation - i certainly wasn't expecting 27 tracks. I take it this is two discs ? It's cool it includes the movie stuff as well and has quite a catchy title.
  5. Phillip

I thought it might be two discs as well when I first saw the line-up (like a Muppet Show CD and a Movie CD in one set), but Rhino confirmed it's only one full-length CD. It's great they are using the whole disc.
  6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Phillip

I forgot to ask have you seen the cover art of this new CD???

MuppetDanny
  7. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

WHO LET THE FROGS OUT???

Great news, but that title makes me cringe.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Re: WHO LET THE FROGS OUT???

I think it's quite catchy - 'normal' people will see it in the shops and laugh at the joke without neccasarily being a big Muppet fan or knowing all of the songs. I think that initial moment is half the battle of getting people to buy.
  9. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Nah, no way it would be a 2-CD set. Muppet songs are all quite short.

This looks like a good compilation. I'm happy to see a few tracks on CD for the first time ever including LULLABY OF BIRDLAND, BEIN' GREEN, TENDERLY, WISHING SONG, WHAT NOW MY LOVE?, and all the MANHATTAN stuff.
  10. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Will the Baha Men be on the CD? :D
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it is really cool, that they are relesing so much stuff at the moment.

Why do you think that is?

I hope that I'll be able to buy this CD it sounds good and has some songs I havn't heard.

Does anyone know where I can get the John Denver and the Muppet's CDs?

GTG,
    Beauregard;)
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

The reason why they are releasing so much stuff is that it's the 25th anniversary of the Muppet Show, and since being bought by EMTV, Henson's licensing prices and licensing conditions have been relaxed quite a bit to capitalise on this special year.

The John Denver CD can be found at Amazon.com pretty cheaply- last time i looked they had some in stock !
  13. Phillip

I haven't seen the cover yet, but should soon. I'll post the picture here as soon as we can.

Jimmy (MuppetVision3D) just sent me a note that Billboard did a little feature on the Muppets anniversary including mention of this CD. Great find Jimmy! :)

Here's the link to the Billboard article on Paul McCartney, Willie Nelson, and The Muppets.
  14. Well, another CD I probably won't buy. *sigh* But I might, who knows.

It just woulda been nice to see tracks that haven't been on any album before. And it annoys me that Scooter gets two songs from TMS, and what does Janice get? Not a dang thing. :mad:

Oh I know she's in CYPT and HH, but I thought this would finally be her time with "I Get By" or "Rockin' Robin", especially since the latter is on video and such a hit with Muppet fans. Bah.
  15. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I never heard the Muppets From Space version of "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday", what's the difference between it and the Muppet Movie version?
  16. I don't know, and I don't wanna know...
  17. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I DO NOT like 'Who Let The Frogs Out'.

It seems so second hand.

see ya
  18. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

The new "I'm going to go back there someday" is kind of hard to describe. It's a little more jazzy, but slower - and slightly more funkish. My girlfriend was able to download it, but I haven't been able to secure a copy for myself (yet....). It's interesting to listen to the old one and the new one and see how Gonzo's voice has changed - especially if you play Gonzo eating a tire to Flight of the Bumblebee next to "I'mGTGBTSomeday" - that's weird.

Jeremy
  19. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Hey Byron,
    Aw now, how come? It's a great compilation featuring tracks never before released on CD and your buying it will support the Muppets! :D
    Yeah, that is rather poopy, but you know what? If this album does well, maybe we'll be rewarded and get a volume 2! *hopefull*
    Actually they're both on video. "With a Little Help from My Friends" is on volume 12 of the Time-Life VHS series (that's from where I made the MP3 for you) and "Rockin' Robin" is on one of the "It's the Muppets" volumes (I forget which one).

Well, I hope you change your mind about getting the CD. I think it's great there's going to be a new CD on the market for people to buy!
  20. Yeah I have the "It's the Muppets: More Muppets, Please!" video that RR is on, and I forgot bout IGB bein' on the Time-Life video (and maybe DVD)---I don't have any of those yet.

Well can I at least buy a copy without the IGTGBTS from MFS on it? I don't want the classic original to be ruined for me! lol

But I can't even afford a CD yet, so it's not a current issue...lol