1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet DVDs in the UK

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by sheesh, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sheesh New Member

Wasnt sure where best to start this thread but;
    i work in a video rental shop in the uk and there is a weekly trade magazine we get called 'home entertainment weekly' flicking through the latest there is a full page advert for BVHE with Kermit/Piggy/fozzie and Bear and friends in front of a 'show' curtain spotlit with a mickey mouse symbol. At the bottom of this page it says coming to dvd this april !?
    Does anyone know any more details? will this just be stuff re-released under the new 'label' or new compilations etc :confused: but :excited:
  2. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :) - I don't surpose you could scan the advert could you? :o

The only news that seems to be known is that in the US, season boxsets of "TMS" are coming out sometime this year or even next year and maybe a special edition DVD of "TMM".

As for the UK nothing :cry:

See ya
  3. sheesh New Member

I'm afraid i'm scannerless :o so not possible.
    Will post any more news i spot in the magazine.
    Were you serious about complete season TMS dvds??
  4. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Oh Yes! ;)

Read more..........
  5. bobhopesite Active Member

Thats awsome! :crazy:
  6. sheesh New Member

complete TMS b.sets

Thanks for the read more !
    It might take a while but it'll be the best thing they've ever done!
    Has any heard about Muppets tonight ever getting a release? I dont know what the verdict is on this forum BUT I thought it was fantastic, I loved the new characters and i would so love to have it on DVD. There i've said it !
  7. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

You can either :

trade with someone for the series (like me ;) )

or

support "Muppets Tonight" and other Henson shows on to DVD via at :]"The "Get Muppet TV on DVD" Campaign" website - check it out!

hope it helps :p
  8. Zack the Dog Active Member

For a second it sounded like it might be "The Muppets at Walt Disney World DVD, but the show curtain makes is more "Muppet Show" style. If is was The Muppets at WDW i would hope it comes to the USA too. There is already the plans of the TMS season sets.
  9. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Great news, I am friendly with the owner of my local Video Rental store, so I asked today if she had Home Entertainment weekly mag? She did and I found the Muppets Disney DVD ad, and I can show you a picture of it. Either copy or paste into your browser or click on it if its a link?? Not sure as Im new to this?

This is the address the piccy is saved at...........

http://members.aol.com/cocon14675/muppets

Enjoy :)

Chris
  10. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

11. Animal New Member

Sorry...but the link isn´t working...

-Hans :halo: :halo: :halo:
  12. sheesh New Member

H.E.W advert

Cool, That was the pic i was talking about. Thanks :) for getting that shown, i wouldnt have had a clue how to.
    SO..... what do you think?????
    Like the advert but whats it gonna be :confused:
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang,

so... is this just for the UK and not here in the US? :confused:
  14. Vic Romano Active Member

The "Coming to DVD" line is what's intriguing
  15. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

The advert is for the UK markert at the moment :p
  16. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.

Ooooh. How In-triguing!

No details at all? Just "Coming to DVD in April" and a picture of Full-body Fozzie, Kermit seated on a marble (?) pillar, and full-body Piggy in a black dress, with rather freaky looking torotters.

But, waht is that black thing behind them? A part of Piggy's dress? A certain Blue creature with a hooked nose, but, hiding? Or, what? Can anyone explain it?
  17. Animal New Member

Is it just me who have problems with this link??? :confused:

When I try to open it, all I get is "what looks like" Chinese language....and no picture...!

-Hans :halo:
  18. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Try mine, I cut the file size of the picture and made it a bit smaller, so maybe you and the others can see it

Here it's : click to view

hope it helps :)
  19. Animal New Member

Thanks, Daniel!

Now it´s working! :)
    I wonder what DVDs this will be???
    Muppet Show episodes, or maybe more "best of" compilations.
    It would be great if they would release the 10 "Playhouse" videos from 1985 on DVD!!!

-Hans :halo:
  20. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

I can see Disney re-releasing :

Muppet Sing Along : Billy Bunny
    Muppet Sing Along : Not Easy Being Green
    Muppet Sing Along : Muppet Treasure Island
    The Muppet Movie - Hopefully will have same special features on R1 disc
    The Great Muppet Caper - Hopefully will have same special features on R1 disc
    It's The Muppets Vol. 1& 2 - As a test disc to see how demanding for Season boxsets