1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet DVDs in the UK

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by sheesh, Jan 23, 2005.

1. gooball New Member

I called Buena Vista Home Entertertainment (Australia) earlier in the week. They looked it up on their computer and it was listed as ~ the 9th of November. Seeing as Australian DVDs usually use the same masters as R2 (and vice versa), I'd say the U.K. will have it out around the same time. If not, most R2 and 4 DVDs are dual-region coded (i.e. Australian discs will work in the U.K.).

The only problem is the crappy new ratings logo which has come out recently... that's sure to ruin the artwork :(.
  2. Muppetsdownunder New Member

What dvds are being released in Australia gooball? I'm starting to lose track of all the muppet/henson dvds in Australia.
  3. gooball New Member

The season one set :).

BTW, I need to get back into ozmuppets because my old email changed. But I'm waiting for 'he whose name starts with A' to sign me up...
  4. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Important News!!!:

Play.com says "The Complete Season 1 of The Muppet Show" will be released in the UK on 14/11/2005!!! :excited:

The DVDs will be the same as Region 1 release. Here's the full details : CLICK TO VIEW
  5. anathema Active Member

So the questions are...

- are we getting the same cuts as the US, or have Disney been able to (or bothered to) get the rights for a UK release?
    - are these genuine PAL recordings, or are Disney going to take the same stupid route as Time-Life did, and just convert their NTSC copies (the results were appalling - totally unwatchable)
    - why are Play only listing 22 of the shows? :)
  6. Muppetsdownunder New Member

Thats great news, where did you hear this?
  7. G-MAN Active Member

Oddly enough it only lists 22 episodes exluding Kaye Ballard and The Mummenshantz
  8. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

And will the packing be furry as well! :p
  9. anathema Active Member

I couldn't care less about that :-P
  10. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

British Board of Film Classification has just passed the "special features" material on TMS :

• 00:03:22:07 (THE PTCH REEL)
    • 00:01:44:00 (GAG REEL)
    • 00:25:22:04 (PILOT EPISODE) - THE MUPPET SHOW
    source :BBFC

So how long was the pitch reel on the R1 DVD?
  11. BlueFrackle Active Member

Whats up with the Faffner Hall DVD?
  12. muppet_dk Active Member

My guess is that the other dvds HIT released in the UK did not sell well so they have discarded the releases of Ghost of Faffner Hall & The Animal Show.
  13. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

From what we got so far from HIT UK, I'm not surprised :mad:
  14. TotallySpiesFan New Member

Whatever that means...we have to email HIT US and tell them to release "The Ghost of Faffner Hall" & "Jim Henson's Animal Show" on DVD.
  15. BlueFrackle Active Member

They havent given the UK good enough releases for us to buy. I mean why would I buy the first two Fraggle single releases? A 2 Disc set was released with the same episodes not too long ago. There were NO Special Features either.

I would have been happy to have had a copy of the US Disc, Or even the US Disc with the British episodes on with The Captain.

They havent put no work into the releases, And it shows in sales.
  16. anathema Active Member

This is just speculation on my part, but...might they have chosen the shows they did *because* they've already been out? If they're just testing the market (the market in this case presumably being those folks who didn't manage to get the Columbia release...) then they may want to keep their costs down, and DVD transfers of these shows already exist. In theory HiT would also not have to pay the BBFC to have the shows classified since Columbia have already done it (that said, the first couple of shows were in fact run by the BBFC quite recently on HiT's behalf, so that may not be the reason).
  17. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

DVDTimes has just put up the Regional 2 artwork but it doesn't have furry packing :( The artwork is the same as the German release.

CLICK TO VIEW
  18. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Sendit.com has listed "TMS" boxset with the Technical Details :
    Certification: PG
    Duration: 604 mins
    Region: 2

A "PG" rating! does this mean Kermit's line in the "Pitch Reel" will be uncut? and come to think of it will the episodes themselves be uncut?
  19. Douglas Fir New Member

We can but hope!
  20. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

British Board of Film Classification has just passed most of the episodes of "TMS" with a "U" rating and it seems to be UNCUT!:excited:

Here's the details :
    1. 00:25:05:05 THE MUPPET SHOW - [JULIET PROWSE]
    2. 00:25:02:07 THE MUPPET SHOW - [CONNIE STEVENS]
    3. 00:25:17:22 THE MUPPET SHOW - [JOEL GREY]
    4. 00:24:56:10 THE MUPPET SHOW - [RUTH BUZZI]
    5. 00:25:02:23 THE MUPPET SHOW - [RITA MORENO]
    6. 00:25:05:06 THE MUPPET SHOW - [JIM NABORS]
    7. 00:25:06:08 THE MUPPET SHOW - [Lena Horne]
    8. 00:25:01:05 THE MUPPET SHOW - [Peter Ustinov]
    9. 00:25:05:11 THE MUPPET SHOW - [Bruce Forsyth]
    10. 00:25:06:19 THE MUPPET SHOW - [Sandy Duncan]
    11. 00:25:01:15 THE MUPPET SHOW - [Candice Bergen]