1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

New Muppets Interstitial Series on Disney Junior 2015

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by WalterLinz, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I just saw this on an article a few months ago...well this oughta be interesting!:)

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/content/schmooze-october-6-2014/134550
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/si...mage/public/1001_06_Muppets.jpg?itok=nTly6_mq
    Director/Muppet performer Bill Barretta (left) and Nancy Kanter, executive VP, original programming and general manager, Disney Junior; with Fozzie Bear, Kermit the Frog, The Great Gonzo and Miss Piggy on set at Soapbox Stages in Burbank, Calif on Sept. 24 during the filming of a new Disney Junior interstitial series starring The Muppets set to air in 2015. Credit: Disney Junior/Rick Rowell

Mr Sweetums and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm sounds interesting. Is it just me or does fozzies jaw look weird like off to the left side?

3. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Like muppetlover123 said, "Hmmmm..." I'm all for Muppets on TV again, but Disney Junior? Have people forgotten Sesame Street still exists?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

Really, Disney Junior?
    While I'm up for a new Muppet TV Show, I wish it wasn't going to Disney Junior, because this will just make the new generation (again) think Muppets are for little kids, although then again, it wouldn't have fitted on Disney Channel, it maybe could've fitted Disney XD since they're having the Crash Commando spin-off coming next year, but then again, maybe not.
    I assuming Jim is probably rolling in his grave over this.

5. WalterLinz

This is just an interstitial series, meaning it's just a short series that is shown during commercial breaks, not a full length Muppet Show on Disney Junior..:p

6. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

That makes all the difference, now I think it's a great idea. Although the Muppets don't belong on Disney Junior that's where most of their new audience is located. Having them appear on Disney Junior is an excellent idea although a proper Muppet Show on Disney Junior (unless Muppet babies) is a terrible idea.

The way I see it the Muppets should be enjoyed by the whole family, although Muppets are for children a Muppets children show is not the way to go. You can also say the Muppets are for adults but a late night Muppet Show is also not the way to go... ABC Family :zany::):zany:

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

No just no, come on Disney Junior, why, this is atrocious, I will watch it if it makes its way online, but come on the muppets are not junior, this is a disgrace to Jim Henson and his goals for the muppets, Jim did all he could so the muppets could be for all ages and now Disney Junior, shame on whoever decided the channel this would air.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

How dare they put the Muppet name out there?! For shame.

Every one of those "Play-Along" videos would disagree with you.

9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you for several reasons.
    Would I rather the Muppets find a better station to have a interstitial series on? Definetly. Disney owns ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel and Disney XD. Why couldn't they put it on one of those.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Disney station that actually has interstitial series is Disney Junior (with the exception of the new Mickey Mouse shorts on Disney Channel), and there are far more bigger franchises Disney would be going after first.
    Secondly, the fact that Disney is even putting the Muppets back on TV is something Muppet fans should be excited about. Disney is obviously looking into bringing the Muppets back to television full time and this is just a small part of a much larger plan. This series should be pretty awesome, and if it does well, Disney would probably be willing to move 'em to one of their bigger stations.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  10. WalterLinz

You took those exact words right out of my mouth, Muppet Fan!!:)

11. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

"The Muppet Show gave Jim Henson a way to prove that puppets could successfully entertain adults as well as children." Sorry if I came off like a maniac, but come on Disney Junior, would Jim really want this? Do these guys...

[​IMG]

belong with these guys?

[​IMG]

I get that new muppet stuff is better than nothing, but will they kidify the muppets to the extent of the characters shown above?

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  12. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Still missing the point, eh, MuppetMaster? Re-read what WalterLinz, Oscarfan and Muppet fan 123 said. :rolleyes:

Muppet fan 123 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  13. JonnyBMuppetMan

JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

I'm probably thinking too hard on this, but it really kind of aggravates me that a new Muppet series hasn't gotten off the ground in over a decade, and the best that can be done is a series of shorts on a preschool network.

It's hard for me to fathom why it's come to this, but if they've done it before (Muppet Time, Play-Along videos, etc.), I guess they can do it again. So be it. I only hope that these new shorts aren't too toned down, and hopefully, will lead to something greater (as in not a Muppet preschool show on Disney Junior).

Muppet Master likes this.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Is Disney Junior the ideal spot for the Muppets? No. But I'm not going to pass judgment on the series until more information and/or some clips surface. For all we know, this could be another Disney Drive-On thing where the Muppets promote other Disney series. I'm interested to see what this turns out to be.

15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes. So much yes. So very yes.

Remember... this was made!!! And back when Jim was still around, too. And let's not forget the post Jim Sing-a-long videos about construction equipment with Kermit. Muppet Babies, anyone?

Yeah. It stinks they're not coming up with something more accessible to all audiences like the Mickey shorts are (which they should totally do Muppet ones in time). I'm not saying oh well, at least its something" either. This will reach an audience of some sort, and they're making some new footage, as juvenile as it might be. After the public shut them out of the movies by not being Frozen (or that horrible squirrel thing that was darn lucky), we're pretty thankful to see them at all. Of course, I wish that at the same time they'd do some more general audience web shorts again.

JonnyBMuppetMan likes this.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This would be a great time to bring back Bean Bunny. I wonder what shape that puppet is in.

I wonder how educational these shorts will be. They'll probably be "kiddie" in some way, but I wonder if they'll also be made enjoyable for adults (maybe an excuse to get adults to watch Disney Junior?).

Man, as long as they're doing Muppet interstitials, wouldn't it be more-or-less great if they also reran the old Muppet Time interstitials?

17. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

If this was a proper TV Show I would not be excited, I would be worried and maybe even angry. Disney has worked very hard to make the Muppets a Family Franchise to then go and make a Muppet Show on Disney Junior would just be a dumb move on their part. At the same time it's all about money and MMW has sadly closed a lot of doors for the Muppets. Nobody is going to give the okay for a new Muppet show on any other channel, not at the moment but putting them on Disney Junior is basically playing it safe. This s probably one of their only options at the moment and I'm glad that Disney are still being clever about this because having an interstitial series will not make Disney Junior The Muppets new home but will expose them to a younger audience which at the moment I think is very important.

Even though Jim Henson produced those Play-Along videos and other Muppet Stuff aimed at kids I think it's important to realize that at that time The Muppets had established themselves as family entertainment. They had movies, specials, Guest starred on a lot of late night shows etc... and this time around I don't think they've reached that point just yet. At this moment aiming the Muppets just for kids might not be the best idea that is why an interstitial series is a great compromise. Also those Play House videos only had a handful of main Muppets and some new ones, it was more of an extra Muppet production than a main feature, it was the interstitial series of it's time.

18. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Who knows this maybe a way for them to bring back the Muppet Babies.

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be cool if Disney did multiple Muppet interstitial series, each on a different Disney-owned channel and to different demographics? Maybe for ESPN they can make new Muppet Sports segments and bring back Louis Kazagger.

And three of them didn't even feature any recognizable Muppets.

20. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

You know what I don't get about this? if Disney Junior wanted a preschool muppet show, why didn't they pick Bear In The Big Blue House.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.