1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. I thought it was pretty good, though not great. The comments were funny and I loved Beaker's outfit, but I only found myself mildly chuckling as opposed to the belly laughs that Bohemian induced. Any new material is good news by me though. Can't wait to see what else they have in store :batty:

2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Was Robin dubbed in those too? That's such a weird find. I never knew of it. Very heavily Richard Hunt too. But no Beaker in it. Weird.

I could tell Lew wasn't Jerry.

3. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

In my opinion, the Muppets did what they do best: Art imitates life. I didn't LOL like with Bohemian, but man, that just made me crack such a huge smile.

The background Steve Whitmire provided for Beaker in his recent MuppetCast interview just makes Beaker such a great underrated character IMO. Sure they use him a lot, but some of us (i.e. moi) can't seem to get enough of Beaker!

BJ

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to rewatch the entire thing. I don't know if Jerry performed him at points and David performed him, or David performed him and Jerry dubbed most of the lines... or if one of them had to do ADR or whatever. I bet there's some story somewhere... I just don't know what it is.

But I really think David did a pretty good Strangepork, and as he works with the Muppet Show brand now, I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to play him again.

But as for Matt Vogel, I only heard a couple of the characters that used to be Jerry's. I think on one episode this season of Sesame Street you can hear him do the Count's laugh... and that's about it.

5. 12 Favorite Annotations:
    1. "my ears"; "my eyes"
    2. "Sounds like someone punched a goat"; "Plz don't blame the goat"
    3. "You're doing it wrong"
    4. "Disasterpiece"
    5. "stupit"
    6. "XD! Fire!"
    7. "BURNINATION!"
    8. "MOAR FIRE!"
    9. "Less singing. More burning."
    10. "lol @ dude on fire"
    11. "fail + fire = win"
    12. "is he died?"

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

Well, I for one, never get tired of Beaker. He could do readings of scientific journals and it would be hilarious...well, in small doses, perhaps.

And I loved this short. A nominee for future Webbys and Streamys Awards fer shure.

Can anyone tell me who is currently performing Beaker, Statler and Waldorf?

7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

In the MuppetCast interview, Steve mentioned that Matt Vogel has tried out Strangepork, so it may be they'll go with him.

8. Beaker
    • Richard Hunt (1977 - 1991)
    • Steve Whitmire (1992 - present)
    Statler
    • Richard Hunt (1976 - 1991)
    • Jerry Nelson (1975, 1992 - 2001)
    • Steve Whitmire (2002 - present)
    Waldorf
    • Jim Henson (1975 - 1990)
    • Dave Goelz (1992 - present)

9. Mupp

Mupp Member

Yes, this Muppet new video is not as great as the Bohemian Rhapsody video, but its still awesome.

Besides, its hard to top the Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody!

10. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Always great to see a new Muppets video! I'm glad someone on here clued me in on the "flaming" thing- I honestly didn't make the connection at first, but that definitely adds to the joke. Nice!:eek:
    (And "Dust in the Wind" is a cool song too- one of Kansas' best- alongside "Carry On, Wayward Son" of course.):)

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Heh, I LOVE how they totally captured the sheer idiocy of the way so many people choose to spell online("teh", "FAIL", "liEK oMG!", "LULZ", etc)

Yes, people really do spell like that.

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Have you seen Muppets.com? There's some great ones with just Beauregard and Bobo.

Personally, I want to see Big Mean Carl featured as much as possible! :)

Thats wild, I *just* typed how I wish theyd do one featuring Big Mean Carl, by far one of my favorite of the newer characters

13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah to paraphrase a new popular internet flame post saying, Disney FAILS with their entire Muppets.com encoding. Why cant they just put all of the Muppets.com stuff on youtube?
    Its horrible to navigate that site or even know when a new video is up. Some older skits are impossible to find

Also, as much as Beaker and Chef are in my top three favorite muppet categories, I want to see the OTHER guys.

14. Mupp

Mupp Member

That's true, It can be difficult to navigate Muppets.com.

Its possible that they might give the website an overhaul sometime, but until that (and if it) happens, it is what it is.
    Muppets.com does have its good stuff, such as the "Do Not Touch" button. And I LOVE the secret elevator tapes!
    Perhaps someday those videos will get put on youtube. Who knows?
    We'll get more insight to the future of the Muppets if they have another presentation at a future D23 Expo.
    (D23 has confirmed that there will be another Expo, they just haven't announced dates or specific panels yet.)

And yes, Big Mean Carl is going to be part of a youtube video that has yet to be released. I'm not sure how big of a part he'll play in it, but the video will be "Stand By Me"

15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Holy Toledo! 35 minutes of exclusive late 80's Muppet footage I've never seen? Dang, how'd you find this out? Odd I never heard of this.

16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I liked this video - not my favorite Muppet YouTube video, but I still liked it. I think the use of the comments was what made this video fun and unique instead of just Beaker singing another song. Very funny.

17. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been nearly as funny if it was just Beaker singing the song. The joke was definitely in all the comments coming up on screen- all the "flaming" that was going on- that Beaker was taking quite literally to heart.:eek:

18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding annoyed, I actually posted the discovery MONTHS ago, and few people actually saw it then. Of course, it was in the "On the Web" section, and it really isn't all that busy half the time.

The dude that posted that posted 3 of the Sesame Street ones too.

The fact that it dead on parodies how the internet has become the capital of porly spellled insulz and LOLZ and LULZ and LllllZ at everyone's expense is nothing short of brilliant. I almost wished at the end, they'd pull out to another computer with a bunch of idiotic 10 year old boys with nothing better to do putting up the insulting annotations.

These people have done their research, and they've openly mocked the internet, especially internet videos.

19. CaptainYoda

CaptainYoda New Member

This one was pretty good. But my favorite (so far) is still Bohemain Rhapsody.

20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I kinda figured the red and blue comments were Statler and Waldorf a little ways into it, but it kinda makes you wonder who the gray one was, LOL.