1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Mupp

Mupp Member

You know, even though its a little repetitive for some of use to see so much of Beaker, Animal, and the Chef, every time a new video is added to the channel, it keeps on attracting fans and people are getting to rediscover the Muppets again and all their Muppety-goodness.
    If one where to look at the channel comments, its overwhelmingly positive and people who haven't seen the Muppets in years are glad that they found the channel.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is reptetive as some people are saying. I think this and a lot of the other videos add a little more to Beaker. I think we are getting more into his world insteed of just seeing what happens to him at work. It must be mading to come home and want to chill after a day of being Honeydew's asstent and come home and the same kind of stuff happen to you at home.
    Beaker is becomeing the internet Muppet, the one who is trying to make and to find a place for him to come and express himself.

Think of it this way they could be useing some new Muppet that on one knows anything about, and might not even really be liked. Insteed they are takeing one of the classic Muppet Show Muppets who has made us laugh for years, and giving him a little more depth. To me I think it is a great idea, and can't wait to see if they do this with anymore of the Muppets.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

I only asked for the "current" performers and I get the whole history. Thanks so much for going the extra mile!

4. Mupp

Mupp Member

You know, I've kind of been getting a sense of that as well.

Beaker really seems to be an artistic fellow who loves music...In addition to science!

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just realized something... this could easily help paint the fact that Beakers a very depressed/emo fellow. Almost makes me feel pretty bad for him,... if it wasn't so funny.

Actually, I'm surprised that it wasn't them who wrote the negative comments. But then again, they're not 10 year olds taking breaks between X-Box games. :insatiable:

6. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I thought the video was kind of "meh." Something about it just didn't do it for me.

I did love Statler and Waldorf at the end though haha.

7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Just when he tries to branch out a little, he catches fire!

8. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

Another great one from Beaker! Can't wait to see the next one! But as other people have said, I hope the next one is from someone other than Beaker, Animal, Chef, or Gonzo.

9. No problem, Voiceroy!

10. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Burnination? Did the Muppets actually make a Homestar reference?

11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Shoulda posted it in classic, or just pm'd me about it^^
    (I dont think Ive checked out on the web more than a couple times) Its very cool, just wish the vhs quality wasnt so horrible(im surprised he got the machine to even play!) Do you know if Muppet Madness from this system, the videos from Muppets Inside CDRom 1996, or Youre As Funny as Fozzie Bear(and the other vhs of that series) are on youtube?

Oh its not 10 year olds, its usually 17-35 year olds. Yeah, its sad...and people go out of their way to be nasty and mean just for the sake of it. It was NOT like this back in the BBS/Compuserv/AOL early 90's, not even when I was big into the internet in the mid to late 1990's. Just the ultra disrespect and cynicism so many people have.

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Beaker is the Boba Fett of the Muppet world!(ie: the cult hero being made into a main fan fave by the fans)

And yeah, I agree...this does show a whole new dimension to Beakie!

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I could Soooooo get political on that, but I don't wanna.

But I'm surprised they didn't have an annotation in the video that says "first comment jajajajajajajaja." Like being the first comment of something you don't even care about matters.

14. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather New Member

I just watched it. Ugh. It didn't make any sense. What does that song have to do with all those pop up boxes that kept coming on ?

15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Nothing. Just the Muppets mocking idiotic and hurtful comments. Beaker burst into flames because he is being flamed. Poor guy.

I like it. It's pretty funny!

Oh, and on a side note, the next few will feature the Swedish Chef, Sam the Eagle and Big Mean Carl... just so you're prepared for "repeated" characters.

16. On another note, they're called annotations.

17. Davina

Davina Member

we really love all of the vids they've put up so far. more variety in characters would be nice, but i am happy with whatever they can do :) love them all.

18. Davina

Davina Member

oh... if you haven't.. pause it right at the start and get a good look at beekie's desk.. :)

19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Beaker's "Dust in the Wind" video is featured today on msn.com
    :eek:

20. Mupp

Mupp Member

Ooh, cool!