New Regency Lands ‘Fraggle Rock’ Feature Rights Auction

dwmckim

Reaction score
Back when Muppets Tonight was on the air, i SO wanted to see a Fraggle cameo where two understudies would have to fill in for the ailing Seymour and Pepe...

Bobo: I'm Bobo!
Gobo: I'm Gobo!
Both: We're two of a kind!
Gobo: I'm a little bit shorter.
Bobo: And i've got a bear behind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My advice for them - hire Brian Lynch. The guy is writing some really successful, fun kids movies right now (Hop and Puss in Boots), and is a die-hard Muppet fan. His script for The New Muppet Movie was super fun, and he would knock a Fraggle movie out of the park.
I'll take anyone who can keep as much of the integrity of the show as possible. As long as they don't try to make it "Edgy" like Weinstine wanted to do... even though I STILL say was Weinstine trying to stall for time until they went bankrupt. I'm just waiting for that clock to count down, and with the non-success of every movie they released this year, that's going to be a lot sooner than anyone thinks.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'll take anyone who can keep as much of the integrity of the show as possible. As long as they don't try to make it "Edgy" like Weinstine wanted to do... even though I STILL say was Weinstine trying to stall for time until they went bankrupt. I'm just waiting for that clock to count down, and with the non-success of every movie they released this year, that's going to be a lot sooner than anyone thinks.
Brian would, absolutely. He understands and loves the characters and the world. If you're a fan of the Whedonverse, check out his canonical "Season 6" run of Angel comics - he completely gets how to play in other creators' worlds.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Interesting, but I'm still not getting my hopes up that it's going to happen anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Based on some of the things I've read, is the script the full property of Weinstein, or can this new company use the previously-written script?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
We've been told about this Fraggle Rock movie for how long now? As explained by many other MC users, the Henson company right hasn't really been doing much with their current franchasies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want them to fail and no Fraggle movie comes out. I'm just saying I'm not getting my hopes up.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
We've been told about this Fraggle Rock movie for how long now? As explained by many other MC users, the Henson company right hasn't really been doing much with their current franchasies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I want them to fail and no Fraggle movie comes out. I'm just saying I'm not getting my hopes up.
I couldn't have said it better myself. It's been 6 years since the project was first announced for heaven's sake.

While I will say that this movie has more of a chance of happening under Regency than it did under Weinstein, I still refuse to get my hopes up.