New series, Animal Jam debuts February 24

Des

Reaction score
animal jam...big hit at this house

My son looks forward to Animal Jam every morning now. He has 'special needs' and Animal Jam gets him awake, smiling and JAMMIN' now! Thanks for the upbeat, silly, and downright awesome kids show!

will be looking for Paz as well... always did have a fondness for penguins!

Des

VEND-O-FACE

Reaction score
'Twas me

Hi,

I'm the writer of the first Animal Jam review. If you want to know what the real problem with the show is, just go to the official website (www.animaljamtv.com) and read the "About" and "curriculum" pages.

It all reads like a dissertation -- the show has obviously been "consulted" to death. Sesame Street is highly educational, but most of the time it's so well disguised that the program seems like pure enjoyment. Animal Jam is like broccoli. You know it's good for you but you really don't want to eat it unless it's covered in cheese.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: 'Twas me

Originally posted by VEND-O-FACE
Animal Jam is like broccoli. You know it's good for you but you really don't want to eat it unless it's covered in cheese.
Well, I hate broccoli with cheese. And coincidentally I hate Animal Jam. And I've only had a taste of both once. Funny how things turn out...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Cindy's been watching Animal Jam
I guess there are times when a husband needs to stand firm and re-take possesion of the remote control ! LOL No, seriously, i agree with what Cindy said. I think deep down (from what i've heard) Henson have a good idea there - giving kids a workout in the morning before school but making it fun and putting some characters and a story around it, just seems they need some more dynamic puppet personalities and to slow it down a tad. Maybe the penguin should host the show !

Hays

Reaction score
Well...mine's going to PRESCHOOL in the fall...

Sorry; just being catty.

Still curious what people with older kids have to say - you know, early grade-school.

loucormanmik

Reaction score
New series, Animal Jam

Watched the debut with my 5 year old daughter. We both loved it.
My daghter participated throughout the whole show.
She is begging me to take her and watch a filming in Florida.
Does anyone have any information on when they will be filming any more episodes? Also any info on where she could sign up to participate?
Thanks to any and all who can give me some info.
We are watching the show daily now on DiscoveryKids.:flirt:

Luke

Reaction score
OK now kookily enough i've now seen this show and i have to kinda agree with Scott - ie:- It's crap !

I very much like the idea of a workout show for kids when they get up in the morning (so much so, i might steal the idea myself) but as other people have said, they really have tried too much to be educational rather than fun. When it's early in the morning - you wanna chuckle, not start to learn - if you are gonna get them to learn its better to do it subliminally. I think they should have put more effort into developing much stronger and funnier characters rather than going full on with the whole 'Animal' theme which i think gets a bit tired after about ooooh 3 minutes. It doesn't really need that, it could be just a fun puppet show where they prepare the kids for the day ahead. I liked the build up to the elephant coming on and the way he got his groove on but if i was doing it i would have had puppets dancing along with the kids probably and giving them more instruction as they went but in a light hearted way and maybe even individual to each kid. The segments inbetween the dancing aren't bad but suffer from it being hard to get to know the charcters - for a start calling them DJ 1, 2 & 3 is very impersonal. It gets about a 2 out of 5 from me - i think the channel they are on kinda demands how they are doing it rather than how maybe kids would like them to do it.

Remember the scene in MFS where Sam is excercising the chickens, and also the scene in VMC where the pig character is the dance instructor giving instruction. I'd love to have that kinda thing going on while teaching the kids to excercise. Maybe make it a small segment of a more general morning kids show.

I was also dissapointed by the Penguin. He's too cutesy and bland. Penguins are fun and zany - they're supposed to jump in the air and make you feel like you wanna wear your pants on your head (well, maybe thats just me). I would have liked a Muppet penguin, rather than *ack* an educational penguin ! *spits*

As the official spokesperson and president of the society against the gratuitous use of penguins i may well have to censure that channel for gratuitously using a penguin to educate the children of the country while betraying his own wacky heritage !