New Sesame Street 3-D Film

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Sesame Street products are HUGE in Japan. I have some friends from college that live there and they had anything Sesame Street that you could dream of<<<

awwww! you should have em send ya extras of the rare stuff for possible trades on here. Ok...JAPAN: the land where sesame street adult fans actually have a colelctors market...where you can air super cool ultra violent cartoons on tv...and where anime and video games rule like nobodies business.

Anyways, good to see an official announcement of the sesame 3d ride...20 minutes huh? looks like theyre hard at work on 3 new projects!(muppet xmas nbc, fox show, and this!)

Yeah, Japan has all sorts of kick butt motion rides, from biohazard4d(ie: resident evil) and gundam...to well this!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>>Sesame Street products are HUGE in Japan. I have some friends from college that live there and they had anything Sesame Street that you could dream of<<<

awwww! you should have em send ya extras of the rare stuff for possible trades on here. Ok...JAPAN: the land where sesame street adult fans actually have a colelctors market...where you can air super cool ultra violent cartoons on tv...and where anime and video games rule like nobodies business.

Anyways, good to see an official announcement of the sesame 3d ride...20 minutes huh? looks like theyre hard at work on 3 new projects!(muppet xmas nbc, fox show, and this!)

Yeah, Japan has all sorts of kick butt motion rides, from biohazard4d(ie: resident evil) and gundam...to well this!
there is also a godzilla ride at a hello kitty theme park

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Goshposh,

Hey,
In Japan they have Open Sesame its a show that teaches Japanese Children English and Japanese, They have there own English Talking Muppet Tiger called Tingo.

It has segments from Sesame Street mixed in with lots of Live action stuff from the Japanese show.

See ya

sstVideo

Reaction score
Actually, the Tingo character was developed by the NYC Henson Workshop for Sesame Workshop's EFL (English as a foreign language) program called, "Sesame English".

Because so many adults as well as children, particularly in the far east, were using Sesame Street to learn English as a second language, CTW developed (in partnership with Berlitz) a program which teaches English. The program includes class ic Sesame bits as well as new material. (It doesn't have Elmo--no pronouns and it doesn't have Cookie (who says me instead of I).

The fact that so many adults use Sesame to learn english means that Sesame adult products sell as well or better over there as the kid products do here.

beaker

Reaction score
Man, no wonder Sesame has a serious adult fan base, with collectibles to boot! Mention Sesame stateside, and youll get a funny face. But then again, thats just the way its marketed. I mean there aiming for the kid market...but with Sesame...oh man...in the 80's they had some neat collectibles Sesame wise in the US..but in recent years 100% baby/toddler 'Sesame Baby'(like Muppet Babies?) stuff from FP. gah!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by DrGoshposh
Does anyone know anything about the Japanese "Sesame Street" television show? I heard that the show is not a locally produced Japanese version (like Plaza Sesamo, or any of the international versions of the show). It is all the American Sesame Street, and that it airs in English, but the Muppets are dubbed by other voice actors.
I never caught a full episode while I was in Japan, but I think it is local show mixed with US-produced segments and the show is designed to teach english.

Japan has all kinds of trippy kid's shows! When I go back next year I am hoping to finally tape a few and now I'll have to check out that cool Sesame 3-D movie.

beaker

Reaction score
awww!!! You get to go to Japan! I knew as a huge longtime anime and videogame fan Japan was the place to go, but now it seems even the Muppets are big there. And yeah, they have all those awesome 3d motion rides...*sigh* So, how are you able to go? Anybody else been there? Its been my dream to go to Tokyo since the 80's!

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by crazy ernie
stanley spadowski: Life is like a mop. Sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and hairballs and things and you gotta clean it out. You gotta stick it in here and rinse it off and start all over again. And sometimes life sticks to the floor so bad that a mop, a mop, it's not good enough. You gotta get down there with like a toothbrush, you know, and you gotta really scrub 'cause you gotta get it off! But if that doesn't work, you can't give up! You gotta stand right up! You gotta run to a window and say, "Hey,these floors are dirty as ****, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"
Or you could just relax with a cartoon about a pathetic coyote who spends every waking moment in pursuit of a sadistic roadrunner who mocks him and laughs at him as he's repeatedly crushed and maimed. I hope you enjoy it :mad: :frown:

Cherry "has trouble finding other fans of that movie" Pizza