New Sesame Street 3-D Film

ssetta

Reaction score
One thing I was told was that Sesame English is actually a replacement for Elmo's World, and they actually have a whole bunch of old clips. And as I understand, the songs are actually in English. So I guess they actually don't believe in Elmo's World! I mean, you'd be surprised how many old clips they use on foreign versions of Sesame Street. Plaza Sesamo has an awful lot of old clips on it, but they're actually not doing any new episodes of Plaza Sesamo. It costs a lot of money to produce shows, and the idea is, when they have enough shows to repeat over and over, they don't feel they need to make anymore. Because if Sesame Street Unpaved or 123 Sesame Street from Season 25 get cancelled, Plaza Sesamo will be one place we can still see some classic clips.

Unless Plaza Sesamo gets cancelled. There is a chance that it will, because, as I said, they're already not doing anymore new shows.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
awww!!! You get to go to Japan! I knew as a huge longtime anime and videogame fan Japan was the place to go, but now it seems even the Muppets are big there. And yeah, they have all those awesome 3d motion rides...*sigh* So, how are you able to go? Anybody else been there? Its been my dream to go to Tokyo since the 80's!
I usually go on work-related trips. The company I used to work for went over for about a month every year touring Japan doing shows and now my buddy lives their because he works for a Japanese company and he is getting married so my next trip will probably be for his wedding.

The Muppets have always been HUGE in Japan. They have a chain of stores devoted to just selling Sesame Street stuff. Jim Henson is bigger than Walt Disney there.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I usually go on work-related trips. The company I used to work for went over for about a month every year touring Japan doing shows and now my buddy lives their because he works for a Japanese company and he is getting married so my next trip will probably be for his wedding.
<<<

More jealous I could not be:wink:

The Muppets have always been HUGE in Japan. They have a chain of stores devoted to just selling Sesame Street stuff. Jim Henson is bigger than Walt Disney there.<<<

WOW...bigger than Disney...how can ya not love Japan?
Anime, video games, cutting edge futuristic technology, j-pop, cinema...and now Muppets? WOW!!!

Ok, next time any of you MC people goes to Japan PLEASE talke pix of some of these Muppet stores(and be sure to score some goodies!)

You know, why is it the only sesame stuff a collector can find stateside is those lame fisher price bath tub toys....when in Japan they treat the collector serious Sesame wise...I mean look at that Sony Wonder store, man!