1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Video: Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by wembleyfraggle, Nov 24, 2009.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does it sound better?
  2. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

clearer, and crisper,

anyone want a copy?

email addresses!

Bare in mind its late and I'll be off to bed in a mo, will send tomoorow.

Chris
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Why would you offer to send this to people and take money away from The Muppets Studio? Granted, if it won't be available in the US, I would understand sharing it, but if it IS available in the US then you're taking potential money away from The Muppets Studio by sending it around.

Just saying. :smirk:

EDIT: And I just checked and it WILL be available in the US. http://www.amazon.com/Bohemian-Rhap...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1260672547&sr=8-1

Just buy it, unclematt. It's only $0.99. ;)
  5. Kermieuk

because some people have helped me to get I believe and the Letters To Santa tracks here in the UK. As its available to buy in the USA then I wont offer it, hey I want this to do as well in the charts as anyone does. Just trying to help fellow Muppet fans like they helped me.

ALSO, at the time of my posting it was not mentioned anywhere that it was avialable in the US!

Chris
  6. theprawncracker

Oh, I understand. I'm sorry if I came off sounding harsh. I was just saying that since it is available in the US we should just let it be bought. :D
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I will buy it. I thought it wasnt coming out in the US at that time
  8. Davina

Davina Member

just checked.. available in the USA on the 15th...
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Exciting
  10. nyteowl

nyteowl New Member

11. Kermieuk

No Problem PrawnCracker, glad we cleared that up.

Also, the song and the video is now showing up on itunes search here in the UK. You can get both for £1.99 however it is not available until 14th, amazon has the song available now!

Chris
  12. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

13. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I finally watched this video, and it is wonderful!
  14. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

It's gone! :eek:

I just tried to watch it and YouTube said that it's been removed due to a copyright claim!

Did I miss something? :confused:
  15. My thoughts are that it's either (a) Disney pulled it because it's now available commercially as both audio and video, or (b) since it now is commerciallly available, some bot from EMI Scandanavia accidentally caught it and submitted the complaint to YouTube.

If it's back up within the next two days, I'll say it was the latter. If not, then it's probably the former. But still..."EMI Pubslishing" ?:confused:

Edit: After looking at the DMCA complain form on YouTube, it looks like anyone could potentially make a false claim - so that seems more likely. If that's the case, I hope Disney really sticks it to the claimant.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This would have to be false. No other explanation. Disney didn't just pull the song "Bohemian Rhapsody" out of thin air. They had to have worked directly with the record company to get the rights to do the song itself. This isn't an unauthorized usage of the song for a lame forced couple pairing AMV, this is a meganational corporation that could easily buy the rights to all the Queen songs and all the band member likenesses if they wanted to.

EMI Scandinavia? That sounds VERY suspicious. If it's an inane copyright claim by an actual small record company in Scandinavia, they could just as easily block visage of the video in that country. The fact that some humorless, greedy company pulling off a video that got tens of millions of views and WAS legally made is both laughable and sad (if it is indeed true). But this really seems like a bitter organization that's just not happy with getting 5 views on some lame little video they made.

We have to contact Disney and tell them of this. They need to put this back on the web immediately.
  17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

EMI "Pubslishing"? Really?
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Really... these are the same kinds of people that make musical licenses a living nightmare for everyone. Not the band, not even the people who own the music... but the publisher of the distributor of an out of print CD.

If this is indeed real, it's nothing less than insane and destructive. This video WAS an authorized musical usage, not a lame little AMV. Disney had to have gone through all the proper channels to get the rights to this song, and to have it removed by someone claiming to have a claim (and probably only has a less than 1% stake in the song, and only internationally) is nothing short of greediness and idiocy from the great world of Flintheart Glomgold-esque business practices in the music world.

I dunno about you, but these things make me WANT to illegally download as much actual music as I can.

Really... Scandinavia... give me a freaking break.
  19. theprawncracker

I've gotten word that The Muppets Studio is working to get it resolved. Fear not, gang! Disney is on the case. :D
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I suspect it was removed by accident...Hope that doesn't mean it loses it's 10 mil status?

And speaking of EMI...Would people please e-mail them to request the release of this on CD? Apparently the decision to not put it on CD was made two weeks ago...but who knows, there could still be time to rush it out there. http://www.emi.com/page/emi/Feedback/0,12641,00.html