New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4

Word balloons were a big part of the book the idea was taken from, but I think that would have been too much. This was about movie toons, not comics. The sight gag would be worth more without it. To bad. I wonder what some of these guys were thinking? If Disney could get WB on board, I don't understand why other companies held out.
Actually, I meant Felix would speak with a big Word balloon. In the old Felix the cat theatrical cartoons, Felix did not speak aloud, but a word Bubble with what he said was in the really old cartoons. Sort of a Silent film thing, Windsor McCay did this sort of thing alot in his films.

And incidentally, when DID Woody Woodpecker come out? I could have swarn he was around that time, but I could be wrong. All I know is that Mel Blanc did his voicew in the early shorts, not Walter Lantz's wife (like the rest of them) I'm a cartoon expert, and even I can't remember this...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Actually, I meant Felix would speak with a big Word balloon.
I understood ya. I just didn't favor the idea. A sight gag speaks much more than words or word balloons. The animators were skilled enough to pull that off. It's just sad that he wasn't in the film. I'm glad they found a way to stick his image somewhere.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
What about those two Chuck Jones directed? I think the were called 'The Fast and the Furriest' and 'Superior Duck'. I didn't see either of them but I figure Chuck, of all people, could do it right.
Well, I wasn't going to say anything unless someone mentioned it, but those weren't very good either. :embarrassed: In fact, they weren't even as good as the cartoons by the newcomers. They felt very tired, the humor fell flat, and they were surprisingly short (4-5 min. instead of the usual 7), as if he had just run out of ideas. Can't say I blame him for that, though. He gave us so much for so long; everyone's bound to run out of steam eventually. I'm glad most people don't remember these and instead remember the rich legacy of so many years of creativity.

He also directed a sequel to "One Froggy Evening," which I haven't seen, but I don't really want to, either.

Back to Roger. Another thing(s) I wish they would have included were two commercials done at the time, one for McDonald's and one for Diet Coke. Usually commercial tie-ins are worthless, but in this case new animation was actually produced. In the McDonald's ad, the surprised McD's employee hands the drinks to lovebirds Roger and Jessica in the back seat, who fall into each other when the limo takes off suddenly. The second featured Eddie discovering Roger in disguise at the Ink & Paint Club, to watch Jessica perform...and to have a Diet Coke, of course. When she blows a kiss, it sticks to the side of the can. Roger says, "She's enough to drive a 'toon looney!" (At least some animation from the movie was reused for this one, but it plays like a neat "extra scene.") Anyway, that's just more quibbling.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they couldn't get McDonnalds or Diet Coke on board. Okay, they are kind of icky products for my standards, but the commercials were great and would have fit beautifully. They could have even gotten some money from Coke and McDs. :confused:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh just thinking of Beaky and Goofy, there was a sceen that either was cut out or just a story bourd idea, i think it plays into the part of Eddie being chased by the ugly Hyhena lady, i guess there was going to be more to the chase and eddie runs into to dummy school, i think it said goofys school for dummies, this was on some drawing in the gallerys by the way, well it showed Dopey dwarf, beaky buzzered and a few other toons with dunce hats on, so an idea was thought up off like that!:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, good memory Dog.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
They felt very tired, the humor fell flat, and they were surprisingly short (4-5 min. instead of the usual 7), as if he had just run out of ideas. Can't say I blame him for that, though. He gave us so much for so long
I guess everyone has to hit a rut in there carear, he's just lucky it happened after he was already considered one of the greatest.
I'm glad most people don't remember these and instead remember the rich legacy of so many years of creativity.
Good point, I'm going to go pop in my VHS of old Roadrunner cartoons.

Now back to our regularly scedualed topic...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Run Rabit, Run Rabbit, run, run, run, run, herre comes the farmer with his gun, gun, gun, he wants you...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I bought my DVD's last night!!! YAY!!

Now, I just have to find time to watch them. I've only seen 3 of my 15 TMS DVD's.