New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! Forgot. One of the completed deleted scenes wasn't shown. It was a quick scene in the theater lobby where Eddie was explaining the Cloverleaf connection to Delores and Roger. It was very quick and aired on the Wonderful World of Disney in the early 90s.

There was also confirmation in the commentary of the Betty rumor. When seen in the original cut, she flashed a few times. Once Disney caught it, the cut it out. I think it was said that was done in many Betty films and it as an animators' joke. It was fun to hear them talk about everything that made Disney cringe. :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah man..... a decent inside joke, and they killed it! Stinks!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
But back to the Betty/ Felix scene. Couldn't you just picture an exchange like this?

Betty: I've been out of work since they started colorizing cartoons (or something to that extent)

Felix comes buy, very disgruntled pushing a broom... :Heh!!! You should have seen what happened when the Talkies came out!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But Felix doesn't talk. Well, he did when they tried to bring him back in the 90s, but not back then. The pushing of a mop would have been enough. Love it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
But Felix doesn't talk. Well, he did when they tried to bring him back in the 90s, but not back then. The pushing of a mop would have been enough. Love it.
Or he could use a word baloon like in the old cartoons... But that would have been funny.

You know what they could have used? Well, we have the two Ducks (Donald and Daffy) The two Stars (Mickey and Bugs) why not have the two goofs? (Goofy and that Vulture... what's his name... kept calling everyone George)

Of course, that would not have been as fun.

Incidentally.. when did Chuck Jones Draw Donald Duck?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! yeah that Felix movie was so weird but cool, i liked that newer cartoon show too! I wonder if the movie is on DVD yet?

In the gallery they show deleted ideas, there is a very funny one of pluto with doughnuts around the ring of his long thin tail and a hot coffie pot blanced on his head, lol i could see him walking around the studio as workers grab doughnuts off his tail!!

I could have seen popeye in this film, i know it's kinda random, but he would have been funny, the ideas are endless, i wish they could release the movie and put in all the sceens they filmed but cut out along with some new toon shots as long as they weren't to hard to make and didn't require any of the human actors.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are images of Chuck Jones' drawings in Valiant's office

Word balloons were a big part of the book the idea was taken from, but I think that would have been too much. This was about movie toons, not comics. The sight gag would be worth more without it. To bad. I wonder what some of these guys were thinking? If Disney could get WB on board, I don't understand why other companies held out.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You know what they could have used? Well, we have the two Ducks (Donald and Daffy) The two Stars (Mickey and Bugs) why not have the two goofs? (Goofy and that Vulture... what's his name... kept calling everyone George)
Beakey Buzzard?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Although I know it'll never happen, and the rights of use laws would be stretched from here to the end of the galaxy, I always wished for a ToonTown series, which involved ALL the cartoon characters of the world set in modern days so they all could be involved, but it would revolve around Roger Rabbit and include (ala Alice in Wonderland, disney's attempts to add live action girl to animation) a human actor.

Donald and Daffy work well together!