New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
A while ago there was news the WB was planning on devoping new animated shorts using classic characters and after a while they would have one for every motion picture they produce, even R rated ones. This news seems to have quieted down lately

I don't hear anyone complaing about the Animatrix in theaters.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I am! They put it on in front of Dreamcatcher, a movie I wouldn't see even if it were rated PG-13!

Oh, boy! I hope we don't get into an arguement over this!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Wait, are you complaining about the short or the film itself?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The film. I'm complaining that they put the short with that film, cuz it means I won't be seeing it and I sooooooo badly want to!

I was thinking of buying a ticket to see the movie, then leaving when the short was over, but I'll just wait til the DVD comes out.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
This does bring up a concern about releasing new animated shorts in this time of crappy movie after crappy movie.

Can I say crappy? Yes I can. :big_grin: :halo:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You can only use crappy if you sing it to the tune of the Bonanza theme song...

:sing:
Crappity crappity crappity crappity crap-py! Crappity crappity crappity crappity crappity crappity. Crappity crappity crappity crappity crap crap crap crap crap crap crap. Crappity crappity crapity crap crap crap! Cra-cra- Cra-cra- cra-crappity crappity crappity crap crap crap!
:sing:

And now, I'll kick myself out of the forum.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think you can say crap, dookie, and poop; but the alternative versions you shouldn't say. They also allow for poot, fart, burp, and snot, booger, and pee.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
And with that we give a whole new meaning to the expression "wash your mouth out."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just bought it! Very happy frogboy! Gonna watch it in a few!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I watched all the special features I could find. The disc is wonderful, but not without small faults. Those can be easily overlooked for the great stuff the disc has. It's not all going to be perfect.

The making of, comparison shots, info on Chuck Jones' involvement on the project (he actually drew pics of Donald Duck!), scene comparisons are all good. There's more that I am forgetting.

Love the cover art too. It is kind of hard to put the disk back in the sleeve, but not a big deal. The packaging inside did not meet my expectations. I wanted to see some bigger, glossy images, but there are many pictures you can surf to through the menu. Great stuff. The images underneath the disks are rather spiffy too. Not only does it show Baby Herman smoking, Jessica is too - and on the Kids DVD side. LOL!

The game is kind of cheesy, but it's for the kids. Valliant’s office is kind of cool. It's good that they include an obvious cheat to see the clippings because I didn't have the patience to open the darn safe. LOL!

I watched the first 5 minutes of the Family Friendly version and they didn't clean up Baby Herman's language (d*** and h***) or remove the part where he looks up the lady's skirt. I guess they only made minor changes. I'm kind of happy about that. I don't really believe in "clean versions" of films. It's a growing trend so be careful what you buy.

There's also a menu option to go to Maroon Studios on the Kids version, but it requires switching disks. That isn't the tightest navigation, but I understand why they did it.

What made me really happy is that the cartoon shorts are widescreen! I wasn't expecting that because they are burned onto the Kids version too.

I still have to actually watch the film and commentary, but good stuff so far!

I'd have to give this entire release four and 4/5 stars. Fantastic, but could have been a tiny bit better. The headshots of Roger and Jessica are okay, but not great quality. A glossy booklet of characters or movie poster would have given it an A+. It's definitely a must-buy.:smile: :wink::excited: :flirt: